Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my black female berk had a litter of ten pups about 2 weeks ago. The dad's a black self. She's killed 3 of them and has attacked me on several occasions when messing with the water bottle and food (and yes, the babies :p). I've moved her into the bathroom for now with the lights out to try to calm her down more. But that's besides the point. Her babies ended up being 3 black berks (all girls), a black self (girl), a black girl with a strange marking, and 2 boy berks with strange color. We think the girl might be an irish/english irish, but the mark is more of a square than a triangle, and the boys might be beige, but it's hard to see the red in their eyes. If you guys have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
That bottom one is an irish, but a mismarked one. What colour eyes does the top one have? In the UK, champagne is pink eyed black and buff is ruby eyed black. I think buff is called beige in the US? But sometimes you get an intermediate eye colour which does not match the standard for either, usually if there are lots of hidden recessives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help in identifying my babies :) I've decided to keep the little English Irish girl and one of the boys and my friend is going to adopt the other little boy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts