Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked my doe this morning, she was no where to be seen, she usually comes out to see me when I call her but today nothing and she had covered her nest box up, so I listened (for a looong time!) and heard small squeeks. Yah finally my LH doe had had her bubs. I managed to take her out this eve when I fed her and gave her a cuddled and put her in a box while I checked the bubs. She has had 9 little pinky's. I'm really excited as this is my first LH litter, the dad is LH to. Will post pics when they are a bit older.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well these babs are turning out well nice! The bucks have been reduced down to one and I miss sexed one of the boys so I now have 6 does. Thanks Dom & Fae for looking at them for me :)
I have :-
1 vari buck
2 vari does
1 Black Tan doe (i think)
3 Agouti does or they could be choc tan (I havent had these colours before so have no idea how the colour comes through, I'm well impatient too and want to know now :lol: )
Will post pics later :)
I am so loving the variety that has come out in this litter :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Agouti's I've had have dark skin like black or black tans and you can tell at about 6-7 days when slightly goldeny fur starts appearing behind the ears.
Chocolates and cinnamons have lighter skin, and as far as I can remember its hard to tell if they are choc or cinn until the fur comes through.

When can you tell if they are varigated? Would love to see updated pics :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here they are I took these this morning they are 9 days old. I do believe the brown ones are Agouti. What do you think?
There is 1 vari buck and the rest are does. One doe has a real kink in her tail which I have only just noticed, hope it straightens out as she grows.

·
Registered
341 Posts
they are looking good! so i'm curious did you reduce the litter? - i ask as they look nice and chunky. the blacks and agoutis look like little moles with those pink feet! :D thats quite cute

1 - 18 of 18 Posts