Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have unfortunate news :( 4 of the 6 pups have died. I had a vet nurse friend come round who wanted to see my other litter thats a week old which was fine. but when we had a little look at the other mums litter which is only a day old I noticed the pups were not moving at all but 2. Mum hasnt killed them and they were warm as mum has been trying to care for them but they were dead no obvious signs. Im thinking no milk as cant see mums nipples or still birth.
I have no idea what to do now non of my mice have put me in this situation before what should i do ?
I have a mum that has the week old litter i could put them in but they couldnt compete with the bigger ones for milk or she could kill them.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Do the remaining babies have milk in their tummies?
I've had this happen recently and sadly all the babies died before I had time to do anything. It might be a good idea to move them in with the week old litter, atleast it gives them a chance. I've never done it myself but there is probably a recommended method of fostering litters to a new doe on the internet somewhere.
Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.