Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

With my new mice i plan to breed i'd like to use a name that follows through the generations. I hope anyone understands what i mean.

how is this usually done?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I presume you mean that all your mice would be 'Madhouse xxxx'? If you've registered the studname then there's nothing you have to do except name your champions :)

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh ok, so i just use my stud name (which is now registered! yeah) then any names after that.

the mice i have from you were not bred by me obvoiusly so i can't use my stud name, is that right?

with rats you have to use the stud name of where the rat was bred, well thats how it was i was last involved with rat showing.

thanks for all the help, i'm still trying to find my feet (probably a long way off!)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Generally ABC Mouse name of XYZ is used, at least in the US.

ABC is the person/place the mouse was bred. XYZ is the person/place it lives now.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
The mouse only has the stud name and a 'personal' name here. Generally people don't win with their initial stock because they breed from it rather than show it. To need an official name for a mouse here it has to gain a championship, which means winning at at least 3 shows (awards can vary but you have to attain points, which means BIS, BOA, Best in Section or BOA in Section) under at least 3 different judges. I have had a few, but only name mice if I need to. For example I had a black tan rumpwhite win a championship, he was Humbug Neopolitan, I'm sure you can guess why.

ETA: You can by all means name the blues and blacks 'Madhouse xxx', I don't mind in the slightest.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MouseBreeder said:
The mouse only has the stud name and a 'personal' name here. Generally people don't win with their initial stock because they breed from it rather than show it. To need an official name for a mouse here it has to gain a championship, which means winning at at least 3 shows (awards can vary but you have to attain points, which means BIS, BOA, Best in Section or BOA in Section) under at least 3 different judges. I have had a few, but only name mice if I need to. For example I had a black tan rumpwhite win a championship, he was Humbug Neopolitan, I'm sure you can guess why.

ETA: You can by all means name the blues and blacks 'Madhouse xxx', I don't mind in the slightest.
Thats a relief i don't really have to come up with names LOL I'm rubbish at thinking of names!

I don't name my rats, my OH does!

:)

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I generally name my breeding boys (Because they live sepearately lol!)... and occasionally some of the girls.

W xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts