Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment I'm using Showtime which is registered with my friend Debbie with the BCC and we show under it, mostly Guinea Pigs but I was going to show the mice under the same "banner" but I'm thinking of getting my very own banner, anyone think of anything really cool to call my mousery?

I live in Wises Lane so perhaps Wises Mice? or something funny like Twice as Mice??

Or something totally bizarre like Armadillo :lol:

Would love to hear some suggestions :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
what kind of things do you like Naomi? do you have any other hobbies or anything?

I took ages to settle on my studname, but in the rat society you have to acheive your stud name through several wins or breeding a certain champion rat, and it took me 8 years to do it so I had a long time to think about it.

Mine is Halcyon, and I was looking through a street index at work and wondered what it meant, my favuorite bird is the Kingfisher and when I found it was the latin name for kingfisher and also that the best days of your life are described as your "halcyon days" then I really liked it, and thankfully 14 years later I still do.

Other favourites I had at the time were Kalamazoo and Telesia.

Most people settle on a name that means something to them though, like a character in a favourite book or a place they love.

Lisa

·
Registered
584 Posts
My NFRS studname is Valhalla (the Viking Vermin), and I have registered Asgard with the BCC for the cavies. I want something else for the mice, and have a related idea in mind. Any Norse mythological fans out there will probably be able to guess :)

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I've registered the affix musculus with the kennel club,latin for mouse.Sadly my hopes of winning crufts have been severly hampered by the fact that I can't bare to part with the puppies :(

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got Kalamazoo from a guitar that my o/h had.

Apart from loads of animals what other interests do you have Naomi?

Lisa x

·
Registered
584 Posts
Naomi - what about an idea related to the varieties of mice you are going to be breeding?

Lisa, I am sure that there was a song in a musical or something called kalamazoo. Now it will annoy me and I have to google it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yes - I think they stole it for an episode of "The Wonderpets" too. :oops: Oh the joys of small children.... Now I have the song going round and round in my head...

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a question, what happens if the name you choose is being used by someone else? do you have to choose another one?

if so does it only apply to that group or would it matter if you mouse show name was the same as someone elses Rabbit show name?

Some one i know is registered as "Nikonis" they breed German Shepherd dogs :) i can't remember why they chose it, but it made sense :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
You'd have to have a name that no one else is using. I don't know about nicking someone else's name from another fancy - I'd think that it's not a good idea tbh!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts