Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would share this pic of my two dogs with you. The one on the left is called Roxy. She's 3 1/2 years old and is a triple cross breed - staffy x dacshund x english bull terrier.

The one on the right is called Tara. She's nearly 7 months old and is a wirehaired german pointer x blue merl border collie.

Roxy was a rescue dog, from a local cat and dog shelter. She was found as a stray. We've had her for nearly a year. Tara was part of an unwanted litter. I took her in when she was 3 1/2 weeks old, as the person who's bitch had the litter was going to *dispose* of them :eek: so i have hand fed her and done all the motherly things with her. She's my shadow, follows me everywhere.

This pic was taken after they'd been running around the beach for an hour and diving in rockpools....hence the rather wet look! xx

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Terriers are natural mouse (and rat and badger and rabbit.....) hunters! They're so cute!

I love terriers (and terrier mixes). If I ever got a dog, it would probably be some kind of terrier. They're manic little balls of energy. I love them. :p

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
My brother has a Jack Russel Terrier X daschund X chihuahua mix (1/2 JRT, 1/4 daschund, 1/4 chihuahua), and even though she is an old lady dog nowadays, she still acts like she's a puppy on speed! Crazy little dogs, but I love them so much! When I lived at home still I had two pet rats, one of which was nearly as big as her, and she would go mental/crazy/happy whenever we let them out to play. We had to be very careful with them around her. She didn't mean any harm, but I know she'd have them all eaten up in two seconds unsupervised! :p

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beats me why Tara's original owner was going to *get rid* of her and her siblings. we saw her parents and they're stunning. her father was champion hunting dog in the North East UK and her mother has won best in show at Crufts :? guess she didn't want to cross breed her dogs....she just said the male caught the female and the rest is history.

She's a lovely dog.

Roxy is more my fiances dog, i bought her for him last year. Tara is my 'familiar' :) xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.