Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided since I have so many, I might as well make a new thread for my reptiles. I breed ball pythons and this will be my second breeding season. Last season I bred one female, got 6 eggs, but all the eggs but one went bad. I hatched out a little baby boy but he died a few months later. This year will be better! Sorry for the blur on some pictures.

Akina - 2005 Normal Female (Breeding this season)

Sadis - 2007 Normal Female (Breeding this season once she gets up to weight)

Shane - 2006 Normal Female (Breeding this season if she can gain the weight)

Xefaud - 2007 Normal Male. Heterozygous for Pied gene (Breeding this season to Sadis)

Thriller - 2007 Pastel Male. (Breeding this season to Akina)

Auxy - 2007 Spider Male (Breeding this season to Shane)

Juji - 2007 Pinstripe Female (Not Breeding this season)

Ross - Rescued/Age Unknown/Male (Non-breeding)

Breeding Pic of Akina and Thriller from this morning

I don't have any good pictures of the red tail boa or the two corn snakes (they wiggle too much!) but I will try my best to get some pictures of them soon.

Sol - 2009 Sunglow Leopard Gecko Female (not breeding this year)

Some of you are probably wondering about the scar on Ross's back. A friend rescued him from a kid who didn't take care of him well. The lid to the cage was put on incorrectly and Ross would constantly escape from his tank, scraping his back on the lid, causing his scaled to be ripped off. That gave him this scar. When I got him home, he was horrible looking. (I have pictures! He was such a mess!) He was going through a really bad shed and was very small. We helped him through his first shed, then a week later, he immediately went into another shed cycle. He has made significant improvements and his scar is looking better with every shed. He is a ferocious eater and is starting to finally put on some decent weight.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :D Xefaud is definitely one of my favorites (but don't tell the snakes that!). He also carries the pied gene. I'm breeding him to Sadis this year to produce 50% possible for het. pieds, and I'm hoping for some females to breed back to him. Pieds are one of my favorite morphs.

Sol is an interesting little gecko. She thinks she's sooooo big. I hope to breed her next year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Thriller is quite the character. We got him on Halloween in 2007. We named him Thriller after the Michael Jackson song, Thriller, and that is now his theme song. He tries to bite me whenever he can. He's breeding with Akina this season so I hope to produce a female pastel just like him.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I love royal pythons. I've kept snakes 19 years and had 3 royals during that time. The first was captive bred and was a pain to feed, had to hand feed him otherwise he wouldn't eat at all. He took really ill and cost me £250 of vets bills in a week, but sadly i lost him (RIP Zeus)
The other two i had were captive farmed (Hendrix and Rigo). perfect feeders, and they made a good size too. Unfortunately when i had my son, he had a lot of medical problems so i had to give up the reptiles for a few years. had i have kept them, the time i spent with them wouldn't have been enough so giving them up was the best thing to do.
I've now got a striped king snake, chocolate corn snake and a garter snake. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts