Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I collected my real mousie off Cait, thank you!

He's still settling in, but here's a couple of little photos from last night. :D

You may notice he's sitting on my fake green mouse. When he first noticed it, he dived onto its bum and started pulling the 'fur' and nipping the eyeballs - he's since decided it makes a great item to sleep on. :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm sorry for wombling on :lol: I enjoyed it though! Very interesting conversation we had, thanks!

I'm glad you guys like his photos, he's having a cuddle inside my jumper at the moment to get him used to my scent and I've snapped a couple more, hopefully some of them will come out ok. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I've had him a week and I still haven't decided on a name. I'm so fickle!

Anyway, last night I gave him a new toy that I'd made. He absolutely loooved it, pinged about the tank and made it into his new bed.

Less than 12 hours later, he had torn it a new one and snapped a hanging strap. :lol: His tank look like it had been snowed in by the filling! So I've stitched it back up, hopefully the little devil has had his mad moment and won't tear it again.

Here he is all smug from his overnight mayhem. You can see the rip he did in the back.

Oh Cait, I noticed earlier in the week that he has some (what I can only describe as) maybe thinner fur on a small circular patch on his belly, and a couple of small lines on his rump. They're pretty hard to photograph, you can sort of see the ones on his rump here:

Just wondering if you know what they could be?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
It sounds like moult but if you want me to take a look at him I can. As you know I sprayed him before he went as a preventative so he shouldn't have anything nasty. The only other thing it might be if not moult is ringworm - do you have cats/dogs? Either way this is pretty easy to treat with tea tree oil mixed with water and sprayed on once a day for a week or two (I can give you some if that's what it is).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.