Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to clean my rats cage out today. Amber has suddenly lost weight and she has a growth under her chin her fur has gone all weird too! She is only around a year & a half, I'm really worried :cry: I have booked a vets appointment for tomorrow morning, my husband is not happy as vets are exspensive but I dont want her to suffer its not fare. I have some B.day money left so am going to use that.
Its hard to say but I'm expecting not to come home with her :cry: :cry:
She was with her sister who is as fat as anything but have seperated them as it may spread but she may well have it already what ever it is.

I'm hoping she dies in her sleep tonight as thats the most peaceful way to go :cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am sorry to hear that hun, I hope the vet can do something and like yousay if they cant at least she can go in peace. I have kept rats in the past and they are brilliant pets :) one of mine got pneumonia and he had to be pts I cried my eyes out

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Amber was pts this morning, it was a hard decision to make but I didnt want her to suffer anymore than she had to. They didnt know what it was but the fact that she had dramitic weight loss and a lump suddenly appear it was not good news :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.