Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, shes lovely, even if a pain in the bum sometimes!

Shes just very awkward to work with, but we're used to it i guess, although i do wonder if i should have got her insured sometimes :shock:

She ran into a wall full throttle when she was younger and broke her leg, the vet would not administer pain killers because the pain kept her still!
The other day she was spinning in circles which she loves to do when playing, and she hit the wooden part of the sofa hard and injured her tail, i knew it wasn't broken as she could still lift it and sit down, but she wouldn't wag it and kept faffing over it and whining, bless... :roll:

Problem with bullies is they deal so well with pain, you find it hard to know when somethings wrong :? the amount of times shes broken claws, cut her mouth or cut her pads open, and the only way we know is the blood trails on the floor!

absolute nutters they are, but wouldn't change her for the world :D

have some puppy pics somewhere, will have to fish them out...

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're so silly, walking is another problem, when we put her harness on she goes into overload with excitement, she starts doing back flips! :lol:

she gets excited over cars, and when we have visitors unless they really know what they're in for she has to go in her cage as she just runs into people and jumps all over them!

Shes hard to train, she knows sit and paw but thats about it, she has selective hearing and whatever you say goes in one ear and out the other, and when she does learn something, after a short while she swims round the bowl and its gone again :roll: the only thing shes good at is dinner time, she will wait for any period of time until you say she can eat, food is the key :p

and toys are only provided when we say, as she goes too far sometimes at play time.

My partener got her before we met, and he chose the EBT because he works all day and the good thing about her is she wouldn't notice if you'd been gone 10 mins or hours, luckily now i'm here, i'm here all day with her.

shes also very routine orientated, any change in routine and she knows, shes not keen on change.

I've worked with and owned a hell of a lot of dogs in my time, but owning an EBT is certainly very different from anything else, but like all dogs, they give so much back :D

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Noooooooooo i just wrote a messege then refreshed the page and lost it!

Sorry, i'll just put BT from now on :p

We've never really had a problem with chewing with Kizzy, shes had the odd slipper and socks but nothing terrible, she did once chew the wall a bit, but she was eating a bone and sort of carried on after reaching the end :lol:
She loves cardboard the most, boxes and loo roll tubes are favourites, and there has been a whole roll of toilet paper go missing on the odd occasion!

Kizz has a cage, its her safe place, but we never have and never will use it as punishment, that way she likes going in there, if shes done wrong sometimes she automatically goes in there, also when we're eating or if shes just tired. The only time the door is closed is when we go out and at night, also if we have visitors that aren't too keen on dogs. Works a treat :)

Shes a very playful dog, though thankfully has settled a tiny bit since she reached 2 yrs, but shes incredibly loving, and as you already know, BT's don't like to sit with you...they like to sit ON you :lol: where ever you are she has to be on your lap, with her head on your shoulder or whatever is closest to your face :roll:

they're so comical in every way!

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Loganberry said:
when we sit down to try and relax sometimes, he'll start licking our fingers, then will subtley work our didgets to his razor sharp, incredably powerful back teeth, and will ever so slowly (because if it's slow we're less likely to notice what he's doing in Elvis-world) bite down. Ow.
I know that trick :lol:

Kizz has a dressing gown fetish too, you know the long bits that hold it together, well safe to say they're torn up on every gown we own :roll: she tends to run into you pretending to get a cuddle, then grabs it and runs off, and usually taking you with her, off the sofa is her favourite, i swear she gets amused by mummy being dragged off the sofa onto the floor and then mauled to death :lol:

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its amazing how similar they are as a breed, we bumped into old friends on a walk once that had a 7month old one, we could spend hours talking about them and there little ways!

we have beanbags in the lounge that she sleeps on most the day, we did accidently go to bed one night and forgot to put her to bed! :shock:
But we came down next morning and she was still curled up on one of the beanbags fast asleep, could have gone soo wrong :p

We did used to have her on the bed at weekends at one stage, but when we did she would sit up most the night just staring at you or out the window, so seeing as she didn't appreciate the extra comfort we packed that in :roll:

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We really want a mini too! just not sure about right now, having already got Kizz, i think two BT's would be pushing it! :shock: deffinatly a thought for the future though! :D

We were going to have a Bullie off a friend of mine who is finding it hard to care for hers, she had 2 staffies at the time and this bullie, she also has 3 cats and 3 children and the bullie doesn't get along with any of them :(

One of her staffies (the bitch) passed away from old age a couple of months ago and apparently now the bullie and the male staff get along really well, they sleep together and eat together, although the staff is old now.

But they still have to sleep outside in the garage because of the children, which is a bit of a shame, also her bullie seems to have a problem gaining weight, she eats more than average but is really not built like a bullie should be, think it may be down to hyperactivity...

Would have been nice to have her, but with such a dodgy temperament towards everything we decided it best not to put Kizz through it :(

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah i know, shes a vet nurse luckily, but as well as health they just need the company, she loves her to bits and its killing her having to consider rehome. Haven't spoke to her about it for a while but i think she will keep her, wouldn't be fair on the staff now to lose the company, and obviously when the staff goes they'll be more time for the bullie, one of those awkward situations :(

I had a dog before i moved here, a little terrier, shes my world but i couldn't bring her, 1. with Kizzy already here and 2. My Meggie is going to be 10yrs this Sept and it just wouldn't have been fair to upset her living, i miss her dearly but she does live with my grandad and they keep eachother company so i don't feel too bad about leaving her, but when i hear shes not well or hes not well, it does make me anxious not being able to be there :(

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Heres a few pics i took yesterday on mine and Kizzy's lazy day :)
First thing she does in the morning when shes let out is have a stretch and a rolly polly and then hops up on the beanbag where the suns shining for a couple of hours each morning! :p

Then when you go over she sort of slides off onto the floor like a snakes, does some wheel spinning on the floor then more rolly pollys :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.