Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kizzy our EBT, she was 2 years old on the 1st Jan :)

and what she loves most, laying in front of the stove on winter nights until her face goes red :lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
What a beautiful dog! She's such a poser :lol:
EBT's are my mums favourite dogs (joint with staffs)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, shes lovely, even if a pain in the bum sometimes!

Shes just very awkward to work with, but we're used to it i guess, although i do wonder if i should have got her insured sometimes :shock:

She ran into a wall full throttle when she was younger and broke her leg, the vet would not administer pain killers because the pain kept her still!
The other day she was spinning in circles which she loves to do when playing, and she hit the wooden part of the sofa hard and injured her tail, i knew it wasn't broken as she could still lift it and sit down, but she wouldn't wag it and kept faffing over it and whining, bless... :roll:

Problem with bullies is they deal so well with pain, you find it hard to know when somethings wrong :? the amount of times shes broken claws, cut her mouth or cut her pads open, and the only way we know is the blood trails on the floor!

absolute nutters they are, but wouldn't change her for the world :D

have some puppy pics somewhere, will have to fish them out...

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Agree completely with that - I go over mine every few days to check for lumps and bumps to see if he's hurt himself badly. they feel no pain whatsoever!

i pay a stupid amount per month for insurance on mine, but it goes up by about £7 a year with no claims so i'm going to have to change providers - he's three years old, no claims yet, and i'm down for payments of £55 a year from the end of this month! Ridiculous!!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're so silly, walking is another problem, when we put her harness on she goes into overload with excitement, she starts doing back flips! :lol:

she gets excited over cars, and when we have visitors unless they really know what they're in for she has to go in her cage as she just runs into people and jumps all over them!

Shes hard to train, she knows sit and paw but thats about it, she has selective hearing and whatever you say goes in one ear and out the other, and when she does learn something, after a short while she swims round the bowl and its gone again :roll: the only thing shes good at is dinner time, she will wait for any period of time until you say she can eat, food is the key :p

and toys are only provided when we say, as she goes too far sometimes at play time.

My partener got her before we met, and he chose the EBT because he works all day and the good thing about her is she wouldn't notice if you'd been gone 10 mins or hours, luckily now i'm here, i'm here all day with her.

shes also very routine orientated, any change in routine and she knows, shes not keen on change.

I've worked with and owned a hell of a lot of dogs in my time, but owning an EBT is certainly very different from anything else, but like all dogs, they give so much back :D

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Bull Terriers are really labour intensive - they need loads of attention and don't do well on their own for long periods, like a lot of bull or mastiff breeds. For instance, a neighbour came in to look after Elvis on Friday night and saturday morning because we went to a wedding. When we got home, he'd eaten a whole dining room chair leg. Great! Can't be mad at him though - he knew he was in trouble, but unless you catch him in the act you can't do much about it.

I find elvis easy to train, but he's a terrier, and while they're smart, they're bred to work alone (fighting and ratting etc) so they only respond to the top dog, when they feel like it, and that's pretty much it. Oh, and food of course! Cheese! :)

One of my pet hates is the term EBT though - sorry, but there's no such thing as an English Bull Terrier, at all. it's just Bull Terrier! :D :oops:

Brilliant breed though - i couldn't have a different breed i don't think, after sometihng with as much character and plain awkwardness as a Bullie. Apart from Frenchies! They're the same thing in a smaller package from what i've seen and heard! Lovely chunky little fellas!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Sarahc's French bulldogs are absolutely gorgeous dogs, and this is from someone who isn't a fan of the appearance of bull breeds. They are very affectionate and well behaved too. I haven't met Elvis but I have heard him eating things down the phone while talking to Heather :lol: I would never have said I'd have a bull breed but if Sarah suddenly dropped her dogs off with me I can't imagine I'd mind too much :lol: :oops:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
hahahaha! completely true. Now he's finally full grown, he's much better - calmer and better behaved. But the chair leg incident was a reminder!

He's just waiting for us to turn our backs. We already think he's trying to kill us - he stands in the way all the time, then quietly moves somewhere else, also in the way, so you trip over him. We think once he's knocked one of us out, his plan is to eat us, starting with our fingers - when we sit down to try and relax sometimes, he'll start licking our fingers, then will subtley work our didgets to his razor sharp, incredably powerful back teeth, and will ever so slowly (because if it's slow we're less likely to notice what he's doing in Elvis-world) bite down. Ow.

It's only a matter of time till he gets us. :lol:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Noooooooooo i just wrote a messege then refreshed the page and lost it!

Sorry, i'll just put BT from now on :p

We've never really had a problem with chewing with Kizzy, shes had the odd slipper and socks but nothing terrible, she did once chew the wall a bit, but she was eating a bone and sort of carried on after reaching the end :lol:
She loves cardboard the most, boxes and loo roll tubes are favourites, and there has been a whole roll of toilet paper go missing on the odd occasion!

Kizz has a cage, its her safe place, but we never have and never will use it as punishment, that way she likes going in there, if shes done wrong sometimes she automatically goes in there, also when we're eating or if shes just tired. The only time the door is closed is when we go out and at night, also if we have visitors that aren't too keen on dogs. Works a treat :)

Shes a very playful dog, though thankfully has settled a tiny bit since she reached 2 yrs, but shes incredibly loving, and as you already know, BT's don't like to sit with you...they like to sit ON you :lol: where ever you are she has to be on your lap, with her head on your shoulder or whatever is closest to your face :roll:

they're so comical in every way!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Loganberry said:
when we sit down to try and relax sometimes, he'll start licking our fingers, then will subtley work our didgets to his razor sharp, incredably powerful back teeth, and will ever so slowly (because if it's slow we're less likely to notice what he's doing in Elvis-world) bite down. Ow.
I know that trick :lol:

Kizz has a dressing gown fetish too, you know the long bits that hold it together, well safe to say they're torn up on every gown we own :roll: she tends to run into you pretending to get a cuddle, then grabs it and runs off, and usually taking you with her, off the sofa is her favourite, i swear she gets amused by mummy being dragged off the sofa onto the floor and then mauled to death :lol:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Agree with all of that!!!!

Elvis had a crate, same as you, his house and safe place never used as punishment, then we re-did our kitchen and now he has a cuboard in the kitchen custom built for him!!!! It's really cool and surpirses everyone that sees it - they end up looking about trying to see the dog, then finally spot him in the cuboard (it's got a fancy metal grill instead of solid doors and just looks like a nice part of the kitchen).

I slowly got him used to being left out of his crate when we went out - i lost a lot of cushions and t-towels, two TV remotes and an iPod, while going through that process (think kid left home alone - what can i do now mum's gone out??!!?!?) but he's fine now. Minus the odd chair leg.... It's better though, as now he's free to guard the house for us as well, which he couldn't do so well while crated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its amazing how similar they are as a breed, we bumped into old friends on a walk once that had a 7month old one, we could spend hours talking about them and there little ways!

we have beanbags in the lounge that she sleeps on most the day, we did accidently go to bed one night and forgot to put her to bed! :shock:
But we came down next morning and she was still curled up on one of the beanbags fast asleep, could have gone soo wrong :p

We did used to have her on the bed at weekends at one stage, but when we did she would sit up most the night just staring at you or out the window, so seeing as she didn't appreciate the extra comfort we packed that in :roll:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
She was guarding you! Making sure you were ok and no one was going to threaten you. Sweet!

I tried Elvis on bean bags, but he just shags the life out of them so he sleeps on a couple of pieces of Vetbed instead :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
if I hadn't had frenchies I'd have had a miniature bull terrier.I'm getting to old for the bull in a china shop bit and a mini would have done nicely.Such nice personalities and devastatingly handsome exteriors.Step away from the flat faced ones Cait they are mine all mine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts