Pet Mice Forum banner

My new mice from England and Germany!

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Mymouse 
#1 ·
We just got all mice from England and Germany and I'm so happy!!!
First I want to thank the breeders of your new mice:

Dr. Roland fischer, Chilloutarea Mousery, Germany for all wonderful tricolors, reds, Ambers, chinchillas and others.
Cait McKeown, Fancy Mice, England for the beautiful blues, rumpwhites and BE cream satin.
Sarah C in England for her gorgeous hairless mice. I hope I can get a link to her too.

I also want to thank everyone who has been involved with any part of the transports; Naiomi, Sara Y, Marianne, my own parents, my lovely husband Christer and my children Ida and Jens. This would never have happened without you!

Here are some pics of my new darlings. I start with recessive reds, Ambers, chinchillas and tricolor/splashed from Roland fischer in Germany (Chillout area mousery)

wonderful rumpwhites, BE cream satin and blue does from Cait. Thank you so much!

and the beautiest hairless in the world from Sarah C. They are adorable!

See less See more
#5 ·
tom95 said:
Beautiful mice !

I also expect some mice from England this year :D
I know these moments, when you're happy to have great imports :)
Yes, all this waiting!!!

The Boggit keeper said:
Congratulations on your new additions!
So many super Mice, I am sooooo jealous! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D
Thank you :D

Elven said:
So awesome! I want those to Finland too!
Well,it's not that hard for you to come over to us in Sweden and do some pick ups when my mice have some litters ;)

#6 ·
How close to Stockholm you live? I think I might be going to reptile show in there next year, and if you are not too far from there, or there could be transport arranged or something...
You would have year time to breed me some tricolor and nakeds. And maybe also rumpwhites. :mrgreen:

#17 ·
Lottiz said:
Jack Garcia said:
Very beautiful mice. I have many of their not-so-distant their cousins! :D
Oh, congrats! say hello to them from their cousins ;)

Do you have pics of them here in the forum? I didn't get any buck...What can I use to breed them?
I have pictures somewhere. At last count I have over 26,000 pictures floating around the Internet so I will look later when I get home.

For the recessive yellows, I'd breed them to a good chocolate or cinnamon and then cross the babies. For the tricolors, I'd breed them to a chinchilla or a beige (ce/ce), and then cross the splashed (Spl/*) babies with each other. You could also breed them to a good PEW (because all splashed PEW heterozygotes show the splashing), but it's a bit more risky because you don't know what's "underneath" the PEW.

Dr. Fischer got his original splashed mice from my good friends Mike Chiodo and Christine Fogu, and we've traded mice back and forth many times, both inter-state and inter-continent! :)

#19 ·
Jack Garcia said:
Lottiz said:
Jack Garcia said:
Very beautiful mice. I have many of their not-so-distant their cousins! :D
Oh, congrats! say hello to them from their cousins ;)

Do you have pics of them here in the forum? I didn't get any buck...What can I use to breed them?
I have pictures somewhere. At last count I have over 26,000 pictures floating around the Internet so I will look later when I get home.

For the recessive yellows, I'd breed them to a good chocolate or cinnamon and then cross the babies. For the tricolors, I'd breed them to a chinchilla or a beige (ce/ce), and then cross the splashed (Spl/*) babies with each other. You could also breed them to a good PEW (because all splashed PEW heterozygotes show the splashing), but it's a bit more risky because you don't know what's "underneath" the PEW.

Dr. Fischer got his original splashed mice from my good friends Mike Chiodo and Christine Fogu, and we've traded mice back and forth many times, both inter-state and inter-continent! :)
I want pie bald...they are so nice! isn't they good for tricolor breeding?
I must check up how to get US mice to sweden. it can't be harder then reptiles....
-L

#20 ·
By breeding the tricolors to chinchilla or beige first, you will be sure not to lose sight of Splashed and then lose it all together.

Splashed is dominant, but shows up only if the mouse has two recessive C-dilutes which are not both c. By breeding your tri does to a chinchilla or beige male, you would know in the F1 generation which babies were splashed, and you could then cross the babies, or cross one of the sons back to his tri mother for more tricolors.

If you bred them to piebald first, you won't know which are Splashed, and you could lose the gene. That's why I make the recommendation the way I do. Since you don't have a tricolor male, it is better to keep sight of the Splashed than to keep sight of the spots, because the spots are recessive and difficult to lose, but the Splashed is dominant and once it's gone, it's gone.

Just for the reference of those not familiar with breeding tricolor mice, they must have the following ingredients combined in one mouse:

• Splashed (Spl/*), which is dominant but can "hide" when the mouse is C/*
    Two recessive C-dilutes which are not both c, i.e. cch/cch, ce/c, ch/ce, etc
    Some form of white spots

Without Splashed, it's a regular C-dilute piebald mouse (e.g. piebald chinchilla).

Without the recessive C-dilutes, it is a regular black or agouti piebald mouse.

Without the white spots, it is a Splashed mouse.

#22 ·
You're very welcome! :) And I'm glad to be back! Hehe..

Isn't it exciting to have fresh new mice from different parts of the world?

I think you'll be able to do great things with your new mice. Be sure to take (and post) lots of pictures! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.