Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These little boys and girls are 3 days old. She had 11 but I culled 3 to make it a more manageable litter size for her. I'll post more pictures as they grow :)

Out of Spear

By Swarlos

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, congrats! Both of the parents are lovely, hopefully the babies will be too!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks StellaLuna :)

The babies are growing like crazy and their patterns are coming in nicely. One or two have pink eyes, and the rest are dark. There are at least 2 brindles, and a bunch of lighter shaded ones. I took some pictures of them today so I'll post a couple.

The whole litter

Males

Females - I really like the brindle on the right, I think she'll be sticking around!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a new picture of my babies, the light grey (dove?) broken female is ADORABLE and I love her blaze! She's second from the right.

Mitzie is ready to pop any time now, she's HUGE and I can feel the babies inside of her. I have a feeling she'll go tonight.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Eeep! They're so cute! A veritable rainbow litter, you got there! I think the gray is probably dove (assuming she is PE).

The light brindles with white spots have such an odd look to them. I love it!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Gah! Where do you live? Probably nowhere near me. XD

But that brindle on the end (all the way to the right) is awesome! I want it!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Aww, lovely babes, such pretty markings!
Poor Mitzie does look fit to pop! Pregnant mice make me smile- with their huge bellies and small pointy noses they look like Lightbulbs to me :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some sad news - Mitzie died while giving birth. She had one, I saw it while I was changing her water so I left her alone, and when I checked on her the next day there was still just the one. I went away for the weekend and my sister took care of my mice for me, and she told me that Mitzie had died later on that night. The babies from Spear opened their eyes while I was away, and unfortunately were not handled at all, so they were very wild when I came home. Somehow they had opened their cage and the broken agouti boy and the brindle female had escaped.. So that litter is down to 6 very excitable babies. I've handled them twice a day since Monday and they're already much better. Today I took some pictures of the little wild things. As a side note, I think it's neat how they all have an almost identical mark on their lower back, which their sire also shares.

The 3 brindle boys

The "almost black" broken boy (he is sold to a pet home!)

My little lilac female, Cricket

And the PEW female

I have some good news too, 3 of my females are 2-3 weeks pregnant (Saffron, Fivel and Stanley) and all 3 have had a litter, so I can't wait to see what I get this time. These big mammas are all bred to Swarlos.

Aaaaaaaaand, my last announcement! Meet my 2 newest females, Betty & Veronica.
Betty

Veronica

·
Registered
243 Posts
WOW, Betty and Veronica are jusdt beautiful! I would like a copy of them for me :D congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts