Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on these blacks for a few generations now and I just wanted to share my progress.
I know the type is pretty crappy but I have been working on color only with these guys. I have other lines that I am working for type with so I will cross them at some point. This guy is the only keeper from my latest litter. I would love opinions on his color.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
That is a pretty darn good black; the ears are really great, and the toes are good too, especially if you've only been doing this for a few generations.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moustress said:
That is a pretty darn good black; the ears are really great, and the toes are good too, especially if you've only been doing this for a few generations.
Thank you Moustress. I have been very picky over choosing the keepers from my litters, I am only keeping the absolute darkest black and chocolate. I have gotten two very dark and pretty chocolate does from these lines to. Yes this is 3rd generation of trying for black.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nuedaimice said:
very awesome... and not an extreme! Amazing!
Thank you Allison, your correct there are no extreme (to my knowledge) in the lines. I know the offspring I have been getting are not cause they are cursed with tan hairs.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The toes seem pink on the front foot in the first picture but in the second picture (opposite foot, I believe) they look colored. :)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
The only thing you need to work on, is getting those nails black now! :p
Try some high gloss nail polish, that'll do the trick. :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Black permanent marker would work too! LOL

Seriously though, that ia a fabulous black!! Just shows what good, focused breeding can do!! How does the vent look?

W xx

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
LOL If you paint his nails, then he can go to a fashion show instead of a mouse show! LOL

-C'mon and WORK, turn to the left, WORK, and turn to the right!-

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rhasputin said:
The only thing you need to work on, is getting those nails black now! :p
Try some high gloss nail polish, that'll do the trick. :roll:
*laughs* the nails are not actually as bad in person. I think my camera is going on me. I wish I could get better pix but it may have to wait till I can afford a new camera.

LMAO! If I am gonna go throughthe trouble of using high gloss nail polish then by golly I am going with the brightest fuisha EVER! Day Glo Bay-bee, no hunters will be mistaking my mice for deer this fall!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WillowDragon said:
Black permanent marker would work too! LOL

Seriously though, that ia a fabulous black!! Just shows what good, focused breeding can do!! How does the vent look?

W xx
*face palm* I forgot to do that BEFORE I took those pictures!

Right now, it is near perfect black, the tan hairs do not seem to start comming in untill close to three motnhs old. I am bummed by the tan hairs but I am proud of myself all the same!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nuedaimice said:
LOL If you paint his nails, then he can go to a fashion show instead of a mouse show! LOL

-C'mon and WORK, turn to the left, WORK, and turn to the right!-
Im painting them Fuisha and gonna get some matching manic panic hair dye and giving them a bold stripe from nose to tail!

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
MarlaAlVutha said:
Im painting them Fuisha and gonna get some matching manic panic hair dye and giving them a bold stripe from nose to tail!
LOL that's funny! Where did you get your starting stock?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts