Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have a lot of animal kids and I figured I'd post them up for you all to see.

First up, the cats.

Miki - 4 year old Tortoiseshell - female

Tyran - 3.5 year old Marble Tabby - female

Ramman - 2 year old gray Longhair - male (he's a lot bigger than that now.)

Liam - 1 year old Orange/White - male

...continued

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now the ferrets. I don't have updated pictures of them, so these are old pics, and one ferret doesn't have any pictures because we got him a few months ago.

Twitch - sable - female (nicknamed "The Beast" by the vet)

Damien - dark sable - male (nicknamed "The Bear")

Lilith - champagne - female (nicknamed "Lil' Bit")

Hmm, looks like I don't have a picture of Kale either. So Kale and Zeke are due for pictures!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They get along just fine. Actually, our largest cat, Ramman, who weighs in at around 13lbs, is the playmate of one of our smallest ferrets, Twitch, who weighs around 1.5lbs. They will actually roll around on the floor together and bop each other, all in play. Ramman is always VERY careful with her and keeps his claws in and never bites her. But of course she's allowed to bite him. I'll have to get pictures sometime or maybe even a video. They are just too darn cute.

We don't let the ferrets free-roam due to living in an unferret-proofed place right now. As soon as we move (hopefully after the holidays) the ferrets are getting their very own bedroom. :) I can't wait!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen pictures of Marbled Tabbies on the internet but I don't know anyone around me with one. I found her at an animal rescue I was volunteering at. I had put in an application to adopt another kitten that was there, but while cleaning up I saw her. Her sisters were all standard brown tabbies. I picked her up and she fell back into my arms like a baby and looked up at me. I put an application in for her that day. I brought her home a week later.

We thought for a while she could have some bengal in her and a few cat people said it could be possible, but I'm pretty sure she's not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! ^^ Liam is such a goofball. If you can have a ferret, I definitely recommend getting a couple (always keep two or more. They get very lonely if not with a buddy). They are absolutely amazing animals. I do bring some bad news. We lost Lilly a few weeks ago. We are not sure what she died from but she was severely underweight and dehydrated when she arrived at the vets office. She had been steadily losing weight over the course of a few weeks and we were trying to put some weight on her but according to the autopsy, she wasn't digesting any food. We thinks she may have been regurgitating any food she ate and we just didn't realize it. :( We miss her.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
beautiful pets you have.Very sorry about the loss of your ferret.I lost one several years ago with an impacted bowel caused by feeding poultry carcus.Now I never feed bones although I know lots of people do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Accidents with bones do happen but the majority of those accidents deal with cooked bones. Our ferrets have never had an issue with bones and they've been on raw for almost two years now. I put some chicken wings in there last night and they were gone in an hour or two. Ours eat everything from turkey necks, chicken wings, chicken legs, and they have had ribs before though we try not to give them really thick bones, and never any weight bearing bones. Our ferrets do eat mice and rats on occasion as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
OMGOSH I absolutely LOVE your marble tabby! I have never seen a cat like that, I'm jealous xD

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I need to get some new pictures of her. Her birthday is coming up in April. She'll be 4! My little girl is growing up. I should find her baby pictures. They are sooooo cute.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah you def NEED to find some baby pictures of her lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts