Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're so beautiful! :>
They might not be rex, actually. I'm not sure WHAT kind of curls the father has, but they're really nice looking, and tight!
Their mom was a satin fawn.
One of them looks fawn, one of them is black, and one of them seems to have some very light gray-ish splashing on it's back, not sure if you can see it in the pics though.

Anywho, here are some pics of the little critters!

EDIT: Are these even rexes? xD
I'm not sure any more.

The father was a fuzzy hairless with loose curls. And the mother was a satin fawn self...

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking they looked like texels, too.
They have that extra long fur that sticks out a bit.

Their dad is a mystery mouse. He's part hairless, and part some kind of curl. It's very strange. He grows curly fur on some parts of his body, and no fur on others!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll take new pictures, but seriously.
I think these might be texel! :eek:

They have all developed a long, curly coat of guard hairs that sticks out past their normal coat.
I'm sure some pictures will help more...

Also!
The one that had 'splashing' on it's butt, has developed several splashes on it's butt now. :O
Very interesting random thing to get in there. They are black, and smudgy. :p

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the black one is the one I'm going to keep. x)
So long as it's a girl. Which i am 99% sure it is.
There's always those males that sneak in though... lol.

I wanted to keep one of the blonde ones, but the best looking one, is the one with the random black splash on it's butt, and I want a solid colour to breed from, not a splash. The black one is the next best looking one, and the other blonde one is good looking, but has a thinner tail than the rest. x)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Yes, they're rex. As they age (particularly after 8 weeks) they lose the length and tightness of curl. That's why rexes, if they're shown, are usually shown in kitten classes.

At least one parent has to be rex. Often on adult females, they lose their rex coat almost completely so you wouldn't know they are rex. Sometimes you can look at the whiskers and they will still have a slight curl, but not always.

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts
Ha haaa, I knew Astrex but the Rex threw me. So many different terms from different people result in much confusion at times ;) . Not many people use the term Rex (correctly so anyway), most (including myself) are using fuzzy (also Sheepy??)
Thanks for clearing it up
xx

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.