Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Looking good, some of those are well marked on top - just got to wait and see about the unders! I wish my first litters had looked like that :lol:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah some of them look nice, good luck with the unders. :D

Are you going to show your rump whites?? Id love more rump white breeders working on the variety.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MouseBreeder said:
Looking good, some of those are well marked on top - just got to wait and see about the unders! I wish my first litters had looked like that :lol:
Thanks Cait. Fingers crossed about the unders. top litter is the oldest by one day to litter 2 and the one with the straightish line on top is looking straightish under. But they have a lot of growing and wonky line growing to do ;) Really these litters are your work as all parents came from you, all I did was go your the buck that gets to play have some does and play!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ian said:
Yeah some of them look nice, good luck with the unders. :D

Are you going to show your rump whites?? Id love more rump white breeders working on the variety.
When I have some suitable rumpwhites I will be showing them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looking good, good luck with them :)

someone tried to flog me some rumpwhites at London :p :p :p!! hehe...

Lovely marked mice, but I've got my goals set now!!

Vi x

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats on the lovely litters, Lian! I just love Rumpwhites. Good luck with them and keep us updated, please! :) I don't think we ever get tired of mousie pics around here! ;) I'm curious as to how these little eepers will turn out. Some of the look very nice already!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm hopeful that I will have some babies that will be ok to breed with. I'm use to sexing rats and boy are those babies bigger than mouse babies so I'm quite sure what I think I have in my litters will probably change!
I know it sounds daft but to me rump whites are wonderful when correctly marked. I don't think it helped that I saw Cait's photo's of her rumpwhites to start with nice straight lines :D . I have always liked a challenge (I breed striped roan rats - banded husky in U.S.A) so I have the dedication to keep going when lines are looking wonky as you never know what will come out of the next litter.
I must admit I am quite surprised that some of the little ones look quite good on top. :cool:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some updated photo's
Eve's babies - by the way Cait the one with the best top has a spot under! 8 days old

Spot's babies - the one on the far right has a BIG drag of white under! 7 days old

Kinky's babies - underneath still not clear enough for me to be sure on these guys yet. 5 days old

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pleased with them, although I'm still getting use to how small they are as I have only bred rats before. Problem I have is nothing to compare with for my first litters so I don't really know if they growing at the right rate etc. It doesn't help I've been breeding rats for years and I now go on instinct with my litters, and I have to develop that instinct for the mice. I must admit though it is a nice feeling being a newbie to something again, so much to learn!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
They look good from the photos, they look chunky and their tails look thick, I wouldnt worry about their growth.

They look really good, you have a fantastic starting base of markings there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Halcyon said:
only just caught up with this!

so pleased for you Lian, hope you enjoy the mice as much as I do :)

xx
Thanks Lisa, I am enjoying them up to now. They all have different personalities which I like, but I have come to the conclusion that chocolate rump whites are pigs. You give them food and they sit in the bowl eating :D Hopefully I will get some good enough to show one day in the near future.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ian said:
They look good from the photos, they look chunky and their tails look thick, I wouldnt worry about their growth.

They look really good, you have a fantastic starting base of markings there.
Thanks for the confidence boost Ian. The markings are really Cait's work as the parents come from her, I am pleased with them, splodges drags and spots of colour these are always going to turn up, but a correctly marked rump white looks lovely.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MouseBreeder said:
Any more babies yet Lian?
Galaxy the third chocolate rw doe is huge looks like a golf ball with legs, so fingers crossed anyday now and Sookie my cham rw looks plump I reckon about a week the dad to her litter when it is born is Charles the cham rw buck.
The oldest litter have their eyes open and are starting to explore much to mums disgust, she keeps dragging them back to the nest :D The buck though seems to be smaller than his sisters ( he was the biggest ) he appears active and ok and appears to be managing the milk bar ok should I be concerned at all?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I've always found rws to be extremely good mums, I am not too surprised she is dragging them 'home'. As for the buck it's impossible to say without seeing him but if he seems to be feeding ok and is still plump then just keep an eye on him for any changes. Sometimes the biggest ones end up being average or smaller and vice versa - c'est la vie!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts