Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
ian said:
They are so lovely, some of them have got really funny curly ears, is that gene linked or are they just not holding them properly?
Sometimes on fuzzy hairless (or true hairless and rhino hairless), the ears fold over on themselves and stick together because the little microscopic hairs on the ears aren't there. They can "fix" them with their hands, though the fuzzy hairless with particularly large ears tend to have this "problem" from time to time anyway.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Boggit keeper; Boggits! Yes, they are Boggits :lol: , but I hope they stay hairless as long as possible.
Myth: I'm in! It's too bad you don't live in Sweden...or that I don't live in GB.
Can you tell me the genotype differences between fuzzy and sheepy?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
They look just like my little ones. :D
I think yours are going to stay just as they are. In my litter, there was 1 rex, one of the 'naked fuzzies' and one that it part naked and part fuzzy. You can tell the distinct difference, even at this young age, as soon as they're walking around. So probably, yours will stay short coated. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Rhasputin! I have two very naked litters who stays (not in the pics). They have whiskers, but I want them to have that so thats just great. Thats why I like fuzzy hairless most of all hairless mice (naked, nude, you name it) :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.