Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two blue does look like they are about to birth in the next few days (possibly tonight). I am so excited because they are so beautiful and the buck is absolutely stunning and has quickly become one of my favourites. I'm really looking forward to showing my first blues next year. I also have a rumpwhite which might be able to be shown too, so I am very excited for the show season to start in 2009.

I'll do pics once the babies are born. :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the babies are starting to arrive! I think the mothers are a bit distressed as when I went to see them they had 4 babies in the nest and one of the mothers was running around carrying a baby in her mouth. I left them to it to avoid and further disruption. Ive got my fingers crossed that there are some babies left by the morning.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

8 healthy babies, and the other doe is hopefully going to have hers today at some point, she looks about ready to.
I think I have 4 does and 4 bucks but will prob reduce down to 3 does and one buck depending on how they shape up over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The babies are looking fantastic. The litters were very buck heavy so I kept all of the females (which is 5 out of 18!) and also kept 2 bucks. They are 5 days old now and actually look a bit blue already, Ill get a picture when I can they are gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's my blue buck Otto, he is one of my absolute favourite mice.
These pictures are from his recent 'christmas' themed photo shoot.
Will try to get pictures of the babies shortly, they are looking really chunky and beautiful.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My tortoise loves that virgin media box, she will always go straight to it when she gets out and she'll sit up there for ages-it doesnt even get that warm!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took these pictures today and thought it was really interesting how much the flash effected the colour of the mice. In reality the babies are a shade inbetween the two pictures.

Flash On

Flash Off

And here is the smaller of the two bucks (the other one is a beast!). They are only 10 days old and he has his eyes open already, they others are still closed.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I will only keep one of the bucks so one of them will be available. I am keeping all the does until I get my numbers up but it wont be long until I start being more selective for show quality with the does too.
I'm not near Staffordshire I#m afraid but I do go to some of the shows, especially the ones down south. Do you plan to go to any, maybe Swindon?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
How are they doing Ian? If you've had a chance to get more photos please post them on here (that goes for your rumpwhites too). Hopefully I'll see you and Daisy at Harrogate with some mice to show :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts