Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I followed Dom's great instructions and here is the result - the only thing I found is using clear cable ties, if you try and melt them to seal them over - they burn and turn a horrid brown colour. Instead I cut the spare off flush and filled in with PVA glue - which has done the same job.

The only question I have is - will my mice be able to reach the water bottle if I suspend it from the top as in the pictures? (bearing in mind a good bed of shavings), if not I will attach as per the instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
They just get up on their hind legs and they can reach fine - although I have mine pointing towards the side so they have the side wall to lean on when they're drinking. If you see them struggling you could just put something underneath the drinker to raise the level.

·
Registered
118 Posts
They are good. Not sure on the bottle I would be worried about it leaking, could it not go on the mesh at the sides? Or you can get hanging water bottles that hand down have seen them on ebay.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks great :D

From my experience they should reach it just fine because I had a water bottle high up in my Gerbil cage and the 6 week olds could reach it just fine even though it was like 3 inches of the ground. They just had to strech xD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts