Pet Mice Forum banner

Must have gotten the only sterile mouse alive...xD

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  salemouse 
#1 ·
Well not really, but it is frustrateing. 3 females + 1male +six days together=nothing. Should have equiled babies! Gah!
its not for lack of trying, the second i put my little romper in with the girlies he was off before you could say cheeseit. So, why no little mice?
-_- its been three and a half weeks now so im positive no babies will be showing.

How come petstore mice breed like crazy and you try and do it responsably and it gets a thousand times more complicated? xD Im not complaneing the chalenge is sort of nice, but i really want baby mice! xD it will be my first litter.

Anything you want to give for advice? I know setting matters, I put them in nuetral territory, gave them a love shack(yes i did just call a cardboard box with a cutout door a loveshack) and took out all their toys. I just dont know :roll:

#2 ·
Some does don't show at all. Some only show in the last day or two before they throw their litter. Some don't gestate in the normal time we'd expect.

You should leave the buck in with the doe until she starts to show, and hope she's not one of the ones that doesn't show at all.

#6 ·
haha xD poor girls. He probably likes eating more than the girls am I right? xD thats all my males do nowadays. But they arnt fat, so I dont get it.
Anywho, had one female in with him for over a month and a half now. xD He is most deffinatly sterile. xD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.