Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks y'all. Some of these mice I recently imported from Europe (such as the black) so I can't take credit for them, but others (doves, argente, white-bellied chinchilla) I've bred for generations.

The mushrooms actually have candy inside, which made a lot of the mice just sniff around. hehe. :p

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Their type not the best but their color is what red/yellow mouse fur is supposed to look like, like that of a red setter dog.

One of the males has a litter due this week. I hope I can maintain the deep red color long-term.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, generally so. It's a matter of pheomelanins. They affect red pigment in any mouse that has red pigment (red, fawn, sable, tans, agouti, cinnamon, chocolate).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know this is a little off topic but i found those little mushroom tins and bought some myself. I also have a green and red one :] I also found the little coin box from mario. Smart idea to have a photo shoot with the mushrooms and your mice. Your mice are absolutely stunning :]

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you. I love Mario and I love mice! :p

I only bred a few of them, though. The other few have been bred from various folks in Europe. Overall, they're more representative of what their variety is supposed to look like and also representative of what careful breeding and not crossing incompatible varieties results in, which is why I post them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.