Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been caught up short and have to admit that I was wrong. I honestly thought that the mousie shown in the Finnish Club pages as a tricolor, with fawn, black, and white patches, was the correct and only combination to be designated as tricolour. I still think it makes sense to delineate as to the difference between that sort of calico-type mousie and the ones like those that I have. Doesn't change anything except now I will not call my little weirdos tri transgenic but tricolor transgenics.

I still don't agree about the genetic basis for how tricolours are created. And that's OK; we don't need to agree as long as we communicate civilly and don't hijack (or himoustess) somebody else's thread. On behalf of myself and my shadow, I apologize.

I note that there seems to be no mention of a splashed gene is Finnmouse's pages. I would like to see some better information on the subject of splashed mousies.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Good for you!

Somebody smarter than me* once said, "Only when we can see our mistakes can we fix them." It's true. :)

*I bet that person was smart enough to remember their name, which I'm not!

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe in was Ben Franklin; he had a ton of ideas, and only a few of them worked.

I fell victim to the old 'blind man and the elephant' syndrome. That one picture made a big impression on me, and I still want to breed tricolours that look like that.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Well I may be getting some true dominant yellow (which is needed for sable, which is needed for that kind of tricolor) in a shipment in the next few months, and if I get them off the ground and breeding and happen see you around, I will hook you up! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts