Pet Mice Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Le Necrophagist said:
I've heard a lot about using a couple drops of imitation vanilla extract in their water. I've been doing it for a month and I can't smell any of my 5 mouse tanks in my room. Apparently, it levels down the smell of their urine.
We tried this and it didn't really work. One thing it did do is make them not drink as much so we stopped it, better to have mice that drink than ones that don't :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
sommy said:
I get the Back-2-natur recycled cardboard pellets. Really good, dust free and very absorbant but RUBBISH at odour control. So i mix it with Pets at home own wood pellets dust free AMAZING odour control (can not smell the mice) but not absorbant a all.
The final product is a pretty, absorbant odour controlling bedding... Perfect :D
Are the wood pellets cat litter?

We got a little boy mouse yesterday from a rescue place. He is very cute and my son is in love with him but he really stinks. I knew he would be a bit smelly but this is really bad :shock:
Taking him back to the rescue centre is not an option as he is here now but ...

Is he really smelly as he is new and marking his territory? The smell seems to come in waves.
Thanks, I am really new to all this and really appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently switched to carefresh and it has been working great so far, but I only have one buck and he is seperated from the does.

·
Registered
529 Posts
kezz said:
sommy said:
I get the Back-2-natur recycled cardboard pellets. Really good, dust free and very absorbant but RUBBISH at odour control. So i mix it with Pets at home own wood pellets dust free AMAZING odour control (can not smell the mice) but not absorbant a all.
The final product is a pretty, absorbant odour controlling bedding... Perfect :D
Are the wood pellets cat litter?

We got a little boy mouse yesterday from a rescue place. He is very cute and my son is in love with him but he really stinks. I knew he would be a bit smelly but this is really bad :shock:
Taking him back to the rescue centre is not an option as he is here now but ...

Is he really smelly as he is new and marking his territory? The smell seems to come in waves.
Thanks, I am really new to all this and really appreciate any advice.
Yes they are cat litter. They have great odour control but when they get peed on they sort of break up which is why i mix it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use the word musty to describe an unclean, stale, and possibly moldy smell. If something smells musty that means it's probably been sitting in a damp corner without any air for a little too long. Musty smells take time to develop: they're caused by dampness and mold, and signal some amount of decay.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts