Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have plans for a couple of my mice to have a litter, but the buck is shy and quite frankly he had never met a female other than his mother when he was a baby...not that it should make a difference. I felt stupid when I put him in the with girl because I kept thinking "poor boy is gonna loose his innocence"

Anyhow the girl was running around sniffing him and playing in the cage, and he was sitting in the corner with the bedding being his shy self. An hour later of me sitting around on my computer listening in to see if it was working out and there was NOTHING... He was still avoiding her XD

So I decided to pick him up and whisper a few encouraging...*ahem* choice words in his ears, and put him back. Soon as I put him in the cage he ran over and did his "duty"...and since then I hear squeaks about every 5 minutes.

I hope they give me some cute babies...Thought I'd share the story on my job at boosting his confidence XD

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
And what happened to the rose petals? You give the little boy some encouragement but expect the girly to just grin and bear it, no romance, no dinner, straight to the "dirty" work :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...Yeah I'm not the hopeless romantic my boyfriend is so I can't relate XD I guess I'll have to ask him to make a list of romantic stuff for me to do for the mice LOL ... I'm not a romantic at all! I feel bad for my boyfriend and my mice XD

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
jujubee18 said:
...Yeah I'm not the hopeless romantic my boyfriend is so I can't relate XD I guess I'll have to ask him to make a list of romantic stuff for me to do for the mice LOL ... I'm not a romantic at all! I feel bad for my boyfriend and my mice XD
Ditto! I'm not a romantic but I expect everyone else to make up for it :lol: Still, it sounds like your whispered words of encouragement did the trick this time :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Hmm... I have a satin buck that's being slow to get to work... maybe I should give it a shot. Do you ever check for plugs on your mice? I usually don't but I've glanced back there sometimes and seen one or two.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EHH..I check, but i don't know exactly what they look like...I was going to ask, but I was being shy about asking about something like that . What does it look like? Is it one of those things that when you see it you know it?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
When I first heard about checking for plugs, I thought, how can you hold them still long enough to check? Now I know you just hold them on your hand, and lift the tails. To me they look like a small, gummy thing, that's in the right location. Most of the time I don't see one, so I don't really bother to check regularly.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AH ok. I think I have seen them before. I thought it would look something like a white er..cork? haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts