Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have read my other thread, one of my females gave birth a couple of days ago
They are all still alive and doing okay, but the majority of the times I go down and peek into the room or change food/water the mother is not with them..
I'm guessing this is okay and they must be getting fed as they are all still alive.
But, I have the three females in the same cage (sisters), the mother, a heavily pregnant one (guessing she will give birth tonight), and another who is not pregnant despite being in with a male.
Anyway, whenever I go and check on them it is usually the non-pregnant, non-mother one who is in with the babies, or her and the mum together. I know she is not hurting the babies as I have seen her washing/grooming them, making the nest better, and bringing babies closer together if they wriggle away.

Basically, my question is, is this okay?
Should I put her in a different cage?

Also, I think my other female will give birth tonight, is it okay for her to have her babies in the same cage even if they will be a couple of days younger? She has made her nest in a seperate hide box thing.
I have two spare cages so I don't mind seperating them..

Sorry that was quite long :shock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moustress said:
You ought to be able to see the milk bellies on the pinkies. It sounds like things are proceeding normally. The does should do fine with both litters together.
Okay, I think I can see milk bellies, plus I saw them suckling earlier. Does it matter about the third female who isn't pregnant?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.