Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I keep getting this page pop up when I'm trying to navigate around the forum, just thought I'd let you know!

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Got error 28 from storage engine [1030]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
nope its not your fault.

the web server that the forum is hosted on has obviously updated its PHP software. The forum code is written to a lesser version, so the webserver throws errors out because the code is not 100% new version.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I hate when that happens!

Out of curiosity, does the server let you know when they install updates? I had an issue with my own server once because they updated their software and didn't let anybody know. A real headache!

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
ok we still have some issues with the site,

i have fixed the quick reply post type problem that tratallen has reported to me, however i can't guarentee that the SQL error report won't pop up. I can't fix tonight, but just let me know by PM if you find an error report again, copy and paste the full report into the PM to me and i will fix tomorrow.

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
I reported this to the host and received this back today.

~~~

Dom,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Unfortunately in a shared web hosting environment the MySQL server can be exposed to some very harsh scripts which can effect its performance for all of the users on the system. I believe that may have been the case here as there were numerous "time out" sessions with no identifier information to the server. I gave it a restart to clear things up and hopefully the matter should be resolved. Please give it a shot and let us know if you experience any further trouble. Have a great day, Dom, and thank you for using Ubiquity.
--
Regards,

Jake Mertel, Ubiquity

~~~

So with a bit of luck everything should be ok, keep us updated if you have any further problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.