Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Totally agree with tratallen, a very handsome boy indeed and he has a full tail. Our girly hasn't - she must have had it nipped as a youngster because we bought her with a shortened tail. They are beautiful though and such personalities. Our Valdez thinks she's a dog as she spends a lot of time watching our two pooches lol.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funny you should say about the tail, my female only has half a tail, nipped as a young un.

he is my best mate! always wanted a beardie and got him 18mths ago. He is a bit of a grumpy sod at times, but i like him.

he might be a dad this year too, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
566 Posts
beautiful beardie!! I love reptiles, kept snakes for 19 years. I took a bearded dragon off one of my mates. He wasn't looking after him properly so i demanded he hand it to me. It had severe impaction and stunted growth from improper care. He wasn't providing the right food, heat or lighting.

So i took him in, syringed him with a mix of liquid paraffin and olive oil to get rid of the impaction, that worked a treat. I have since rehomed him to another friend who's had lizards before and i'm glad to say he's thriving :D has an amazing appetite now, grown a little bit, colours have come up beautiful, he's got perfect heat and uv and an awesome basking spot and is spoilt rotten!!! :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
the bright side is that they are only piggy for crickets when babies and juveniles. They tend to eat more veg as adults. It will still be loads though if you are keeping them all. I remember at one sitting Valdez ate 30+ and i have been told that they can eat up to 60. You may be better off breeding the crickets yourself lol. I can't believe I have to wait 60 days to see babies and it'll be a long time yet before they can be sexed. I am still excited though.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I'm so jealous! I had a pair of box turtles decades ago, and they produced a littler of eggs, but it just didn't pan out. I still dream about tiny boxies every now and then...and about my Fluffy boy, I had him for almost thirty years before he succumbed to a cold. He was an ornate box turtle with orange and yellow spots on his skin, and was amazing friendly and engaging. He loved to crawl onto my lap and get stroked on the soft underside of his neck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.