·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hereby present the recently named

Studley

and

Twizzler

Studley and Twizzler are a pair of Roborovski's hamsters. They joined The Madhouse a couple of weeks ago and are just about to be paired. I've never been a fan of hamsters, but these little guys just remind me of mice without tails. They are the smallest species of hamster and they are very quick, but suprisingly they are very handleable and i haven't been bitten yet! :)

hopefully we'll have babies in the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Handleable?! Where did you get them from?! I've had Smeg for over a year and if I've managed to hold her for a total ten minutes I'm a mouse in a human suit o.o.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
So called because the little bugger escaped literally 30 seconds after being in my flat! I have had to retrieve that hamster eight times. And she lives in a hamster FORTRESS.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
No no. I have kept Roborovski, hybrid russians, syrians... Smeg is the only hamster who ever escaped. Well no, one of my syrians escaped too but she sat by my bed and waiting to be put back into the cage. Anyway. my mice escape more than my other hamster, but the darn roborovski is a nightmare!

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i found them quite handleable, by that i mean they don't bite you!

funny you should talk about escapees, Twizzler has done a runner, no idea how she got out; been a week or so; Studley is on his lonesome. I might give him a friend to have as a pet and give up the idea of breeding them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have one of these called hermione lol, they are so soft, cute and very fast. Takes me ages to catch her but she wont sit still, never bites though and with patience she runs up my arm. Whats the average life span on these guys?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ewwwwwwww hamsters! (I kid.... kinda. My house has been deemed forevermore a hamster free household. No cats, no roaches, no hamsters.)

They ARE very adorable to look at though! I feel the same way about hamsters I feel about babies. They're cute to look at, but don't ask me to hold one or have one lol.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Oh, golly. Any chance the little dear that's on the lam preggers already? Just think; you could have your own house sized colony of free-range Robos!

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
moustress said:
Oh, golly. Any chance the little dear that's on the lam preggers already? Just think; you could have your own house sized colony of free-range Robos!
mmm problem was she got lost outside! winter might kill her, if one of my 4 cats doesn't

·
Registered
834 Posts
i think your cat had a nice supper a few days ago lol

·
Registered
834 Posts
lol bats ? i'd love to see a bat take her our bats over here are tiny, like smaller then mice (not including wings).

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Yeah, that's probably not a thing you'd see in the city. though, we so see barn owls here in Minneapolis, especially near the grain elevators where there's always a little spillage. The pigeons, doves nest in the crannies of the buildings, along with a zillion sparrows, and the rats, rabbits and meeces nest in the tall grass away from the track....

As far as bats go, some of them here in the Upper Midwest are as big as small rats, and the rest are much smaller. The small ones mostly go for flying insects.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts