Pet Mice Forum banner

Manchester Show April 2nd

9760 Views 64 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Matt Haslam
Greater Manchester Mouse Club - Saturday 2nd of April (Judging commences at 10.30)

Sale Moor Methodist Church
Northenden Road
Sale Moor
M33 2PP

Definately attending and hoping entering my Variegated in U/8 class and a few others possibly in the adult.

Who else is going? :D
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
congrats!

will piccies of the winners be getting posted up at all?
Yay pics please. Was it best marked with a dutch, SarahY?
I managed to get 3rd in the Adult Variegated class. 8 entries and two were mine, one got placed so I'm happy as its my first show :)

Well done everyone who won something, and Katy those buns were delicious!

Quite glad I didn't have the sprouting peas from the chippy though.
Rosewood said:
I managed to get 3rd in the Adult Variegated class. 8 entries and two were mine, one got placed so I'm happy as its my first show :)
That's great, matey. At your first show too! :D
it was a lovely day at the show and having some fanciers who are just getting into things made it all the better.Well done to all the winners but especially to Sarahy,I know how thrilled you are that your dutch have come good.Thank you Janna for the longhair,I also got a few off of Doreen.I love the pub at Manchester a bit rough and they let you take chips from the chippy in and made Bandit welcome.I love those sort of places,so much better than the slick chain pubs.I also now own one of Pauls monster mice.It's so different to the varieties I have,I am completely wowed,thanks Paul.
SarahC said:
it was a lovely day at the show and having some fanciers who are just getting into things made it all the better.Well done to all the winners but especially to Sarahy,I know how thrilled you are that your dutch have come good.Thank you Janna for the longhair,I also got a few off of Doreen.I love the pub at Manchester a bit rough and they let you take chips from the chippy in and made Bandit welcome.I love those sort of places,so much better than the slick chain pubs.I also now own one of Pauls monster mice.It's so different to the varieties I have,I am completely wowed,thanks Paul.
BALDERDASH, i didn't know they'd let you take chips in the pub!

I missed my pint yesterday!

oh well, had a great time in the chippy talking with everyone.

It was a great show; for me what made it a great show was the mix of people, new fanciers older fanciers, some inbetween and dogs!

Bandit is a star Sarah, anyone who likes dogs would love him!
Shiprat said:
SarahC said:

I speak the truth.They don't do their own food so don't mind.What could be better,chips in the paper and a pint.You can keep your fine dining.
SarahC said:
What could be better,chips in the paper and a pint.You can keep your fine dining.
:D I totally agree!
SarahC said:
Shiprat said:
SarahC said:

I speak the truth.They don't do their own food so don't mind.What could be better,chips in the paper and a pint.You can keep your fine dining.
Quality!!!!!!!!! next time i will know
Here's my boy:

Sarah xxx
See less See more
Well done :D

I have an important question Sarah - is he one of your new and improved dutch that you bred with selfs?
No he's pure Dutch. My self bred they are great mice all round but at this stage they have too much colour on the face to win. Still, I'm only in the first couple of generations of the self bred ones, I have really high hopes for them! :D

Sarah xxx
In that case there must be even more wins to come :)
i got a couple of firsts with a cream self and an ivory u8, came second in the self challage and third with a cream satin all in all a fab day.
Also:

my favourite part of the day was when i was my usual stuttering mumbling and incoherant self and Loganberry just said

'Speak English'! in the nicest possible way, it really helped jolt me into some assemblance of normality! Thank You!

:)
Shiprat said:
Also:

my favourite part of the day was when i was my usual stuttering mumbling and incoherant self and Loganberry just said

'Speak English'! in the nicest possible way, it really helped jolt me into some assemblance of normality! Thank You!

And that's one of the reasons I like Heather! :lol:
Shiprat said:
Also:

Haha!!! it was yer accent, luv - us southerners have difficulty hearing the actual words of you northern types sometimes! :D Lovely meeting you again, Mat, and everyone else. It was a great show - it was the first time i've been able to get to a Manchester show and i'll definitely make the trip there again.

I won best satin with a satin cham u8 buck (and got third in the U8 satin challenge with his litter mate, another cham), and best self with an u8 PEW doe, and she won BIS. Her sister won the cham self u8 class too. My satin chams were a smidge too dark and the cham selfs were a tad too light, but luckily the PEW was just right! I also won the u8 cham tan class, and he got third in the u8 tan challenge. Pix to follow!

And congrats to Sarah! Woo dutch!!
Best in Show, u8 PEW doe:

Best satin, u8 champagne buck:

Best Tan u8, and third in u8 tan challenge:
See less See more
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.