Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
moustress said:
Lujayn is a lovely mousie, especially her tan belly. A good tan belly is something I've been working on and something for which I would get another mousie in a heartbeat. Too bad you are on the 'wrong' side of the pond. I've produced a lot of off shade champagne trying to get good champagne tan. Some of them look more like your dove than they do like champagne. That dad is pretty nice as well.
That dove tan satin is orginally from me :p

I still have a daughter from her here with me although she isnt satin more longhaired :S

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
moustress said:
Your show judges would probably find that Lujayn's ears are wrinkly; the shape is actually close to my ideal and I prefer ears that don't hang on the side of the head and especially dislike that kind of ear when it's flopping over on the top edge. I like clean unwrinkly ears that are tulip shaped (like a petal of a tulip).
She wasnt from show lines anyway was just from hobby side :geek: :lol:

As for secrets i dont have any :shock:

Kathy if you selling the girls from the litter i want 1st pick unless your keeping some then ill have 2nd :D

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
moustress said:
You are hilarious, Mark, verging on cruel! Now I must plot how to breed meeces with a belly color identical to that of the day-glo orange one finds on safety vests and emergency markers. Hah! The gauntlet has been thrown!

(Kidding, mostly :D )

I should note that last night I found a nice orange color on the belly of a four week old marked satin champagne moosiekin and a satin cinnamon tan in another young litter.

I love this forum.
To be fair ive gone off Tans i did start off by breeding black tans and chocolate tans and i got bord from seeing tan bellies so cross a huge black tan buck to a broken and it seems even now ive got tans still in the blood lines lol im finding it hard to breed it out of them :D

haha ive just hi jacked Kathys thread owel :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.