Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have to say I like the new web site too, much easier to navigate round and the green is a much better colour, also cannot wait till the new info begins to appear. Looking forward with great anticipation.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Because the NMC won't endorse any particular forum. Most people seem to dislike them. The idea of the NMC site is to provide factual information, forums are of course opinion based and there's no right or wrong.

·
Registered
258 Posts
julieszoo said:
LOL, would have said the same about the NFRS 5 years ago, but now some of the fanciers of 30 years plus are among the most prolific posters on the members forum :D
I agree with that, even I learned how to use a forum, type e-mails and discovered what facebook is :eek: But Julie I think that the NMC has been going for far longer without computer thingemybobs that as the old adage says if it ain't broke don't fix it so perhaps don't feel the need to have forums.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Oh I agree, computers are not the be all and end all, more of a useful additional resource, forums are just another way of getting info to people, and a nice place to chat away from the shows. They can't replace physically being there at a show looking at the prize winners, or looking over someones stock in their shed. But they are useful for mulling over things, for getting input and opinions in a way that would not necessarily be possible face to face. And perhaps for chatting to people that you might not otherwise approach :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fully agree that computers are an additional resource which happens to be useful. Opinions and advice is often easier to obtain on something such as a forum as people can give input at their own convenience which can often make them more forthcoming than say if they are asked at an inconvenient time when they are at home via a telephone or at a show face to face. It is true though that they will never and I don't feel should ever replace face to face speaking to people see ing winners at a show or having alook at someones stock in their shed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts