Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lilac doe in my biggest colony, shes always been healthy and happy, well yesterday when i was cleaning out, i noticed she came out to investigate, only she was sprawled out, i thought at first glance she had lost the use of her legs, but after watching her a bit longer it seems she lost her balance, she walks very warily like shes holding on for dear life, and her head is majorly lop sided.

Shes still extremely active and had no problems coming out to be nosey and wondering around with the others.

What has happened? has she had a stroke in the night resulting in brain damage?? (i've had guinea-pigs suffer this)

Or is there a genetic condition that causes this?

I am worried now as she has been a breeder and produce a fair amount of litters, if its genetic i don't think i can remember everyone i sold young too :?

I will probably have to cull her anyway, as i don't think its fair, its not just a bit wobbly, shes actually hugging the ground and her heads on sideways :( shame, shes so beautiful too...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i might do whats best for her and let her go :(

shes gotton worse over night, i tried to pick her up and she panicked and started rolling out of control on the floor, i can't stand seeing any animal suffer like that, and i think letting her go peacefully is better than putting her through weeks of vet treatment as shes not the tamest of mouse and it will stress her more...

Such a shame...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts