Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought two tiny 6wk old long haired mice and they are so adorable!

What do you think she is? (And yes I was in my car when I took this because I was so excited! Gotta give me props for that clear picture though)
The other looks just like her but black. I'll try to add a picture of her when I take one.

· Registered
408 Posts
She's adorable, nice eyes! She looks solid so I'd go with black eyed fawn, I have oranges and she looks lighter than them. She's adorable, nice eyes! Here's a couple of good sites for identification, but one doesn't have orange listed as a variety and there are some slight differences between them.

http://www.afrma.org/miceself.htm

http://hiiret.fi/eng/breeding/?pg=4&sub=3

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for those websites! Very helpful!

She has a white belly (you can't tell in the picture) so I guess a long haired black eyed fawn fox? Is that how you say it? :lol:
I think the sister is a long haired black self. Not too fancy but adorable.

Edit: I just read that Fawns can't have white bellies. Now I'm confused. Ill try to take a picture of her belly.

· Registered
408 Posts
If she has a white belly, then she's pied fawn. For a mouse to be fox, I think it has to have white under the chin as well as the stomach but don't quote me on that. I love long haired black mice, hoping to breed some eventually. Good luck with your new babies!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheshire Gleam said:
If she has a white belly, then she's pied fawn. For a mouse to be fox, I think it has to have white under the chin as well as the stomach but don't quote me on that. I love long haired black mice, hoping to breed some eventually. Good luck with your new babies!
Thanks! Long haired black mice so stinking cute they look like tiny black sheep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.