Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest litter from 'White Noise' my chunky big White lady. For some reason known to mum alone seem to have ended up with triplets - all white so no clues for me as to what else she carries colour-wise :roll:

With it being a small litter these guys are super chunk-a-lumps !!!
they'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow :love1

Cuteness !

For more cuteness in video form... :p

Really hoping one's a girl but all looking male ATM.
Still very tempted to keep the biggest snowball ! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
sooo adorable!!

and nice editing in the video, I love the way the one tumbles off the wood!

you must keep one! shame they won't live in groups!

and they have BLACK eyes! just like little snowmen with charcoal eyes!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I'm interested... how does the breeding of syrians go? Do you have to watch them?? Cos of the fighting?
And how easy are they to sex from 'pinkie' compared to meeces?

Willow xx

·
Registered
71 Posts
no pet hamsters allowed in Australia?!?!?! That's so cruel and unfair! WHY??? There are all sorts of invasive alien species doing damage already in Australia, so it couldn't possibly be because of the potential damage (?) escaped hamsters could do?? and they wouldn't survive long anyway, would they? with their fancy colours they would get picked off quickly? POOR YOU! Hamsters are cute!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
tinyfish said:
no pet hamsters allowed in Australia?!?!?! That's so cruel and unfair! WHY??? There are all sorts of invasive alien species doing damage already in Australia, so it couldn't possibly be because of the potential damage (?) escaped hamsters could do?? and they wouldn't survive long anyway, would they? with their fancy colours they would get picked off quickly? POOR YOU! Hamsters are cute!!
Nope, no hamsters, gerbils, chinchillas, squirrels, we aren't even allowed to keep native mammals. And native reptiles need a licence, exotic reptiles are not allowed.
In Queensland you aren't allowed to have rabbits or ferrets either.

The only rodents we can keep are rats, mice and guinea pigs.

We have problems with feral cats, dogs, foxes, deer, carp, mosquito fish, cane toads, rats, mice, starlings, indian mynas, cockroaches, sparrows...and a few others...that's just off the top of my head.

And, no a hamster would not survive long, cats, snakes, or birds of prey would pick them off pretty quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.