Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right well as you have proberly seen from my other posts i'm useless at colours, but these ones have confused me.
mum is a pew, i do not no any colours she colour carry.
dad is a dew, his litter mates were stone and dew and dec
the litter i thought were stone and i was unsure on the other colour they look a slight off white colour and have pink eyes. while trying to decide on the colout the babies but a spanner in the works and started to develop colour points so first pic shows when there eyes opened in nest next few pics shows pics taken today of the new development the coloured noses. help please on colour.

this i beleved to be stone and has dark eyes

next this i was unsure of colour and has red eyes

in the litter was 6 bucks - 4 of the dark colour and 2 of the light, 4 does- 3 dark colour and 1 light colour

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm useless at colours too but if they're developing points, then looks like siamese and himilayan....

...but i'm not sure if they can just crop up like that, especially from a BEW and a PEW as i though a colour had to be mixed like chocolate, black or blue??? hmmmm... :?

maybe wait for someone a bit more experienced to reply :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i also didn't think it just popped up like that, thats why it confuses me even more, thanks for you imput anyway :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is Siamese a recessive as it is in rats? If so, it could easily 'pop up' if both parents were carrying for it...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thanx everyone for your opinions .... so still not much wiser on what colour these are just more confused :?

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I think the only way this could have happened was if dad was a black eyed cream (rather than a black eyed white) which is c/c(e) and mum is a siamese with something like the dove gene covering up the points and making her white all over, so she'd be c(h)/c(h) p/p - which would make roughly 50% of the kitts black eyed siamese c(h)/c(e) and 50% himalayan c/c(h).

Just my two pence of course, but genetically speaking there's not many ways you can get BE Siamese and Himalayan from a PEW and a BEW without a load of blacks or marked mice in there too!

Sarah xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts