Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now I know that I'm rather scattered around the board, but this is what I'm working on right now.

First, I'm trying to breed cinnamon mice. I have a chocolate and agouti together right now, but they've been together 5 weeks with nothing, so either she's too old, 9 months, but this isn't her first litter, or he's just not getting it. I have some younger agoutis who will be 12 weeks in July, so I may try them together.

Second, satin, satin, satin! I have two satin mice, one I adopted, one I bred, so that means that I have two other mice who carry the satin gene. My goal is try to get satin into every color I have. I'm not worried about having all satin mice and then deciding I don't like it. Since I'm a pet-type breeder, all I have to do is pick up a standard furred mouse to breed it back to my lines.

Third, BEW. Sorry, but to me the pink eyes are just creepy looking. I currently have recessive spotting in a lot of my mice, and now I'm looking for varigated or splashed to add to my genetics. I know BEW come with health problems like megacolon, but I see that as part of the price of breeding BEW, like obesity in reds and brindles.

Forth, dark tans. I have a tan so light I thought he was a fox until his first litter came in. Now I'm trying to breeder darker tan bellies. I just picked up two girls who are shades darker than what I have now, and after a test breeding to see if they're at/a or at/at, I'll breed them to the tan males I have so far.

Fifth, satin BEW. The way I plan to do this is just breed the satin into my spotted lines, and then work on the BEW aspect. I really think they'll be very pretty, since white is one of the best coats to show satin.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
don't breed with the 9 month agouti!
I made that mistake once with a mouse i hand raised, the ended up bleeding loads, and i had to cull her ): And only the day after she died i read that you're not ment to breed with mice over 9 months D:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.