Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My siamese doe was put back to her x chinchilla son to see if i could get more like her.

She got HUGE and then this weekend she ate every single pup in the litter soon as they were born :cry: :cry:
It was a right massacre with bits of babies everywhere when i checked, very disturbing :?

Wont be breeding from her again because she has a large lump in her throat although it doesnt seem to bother her. Perhaps her daughters will come up with something but dissapointing never the less.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it seems it wasnt my siamese doe at all that culled her entire litter. It seems it was her birthing partner!

I had taken the siamese out and the other doe in with her had her litter and went on a killing spree again! I managed to rescue 4 pups and have put them in with a pet line litter and new mum.

So far they seem to have been accepted.. fingers crossed

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the fostered 4 as ive started calling them seem to be doing fine dispite being a couple of days smaller than the existing litter.
Thankfully the mums in that box seem to have accpted them with mo problems at all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts