Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put brie (from angelmouse/rachael) in with theo (from sarah/Dawsons Mice) three weeks ago and last night brie gave birth. Her sides were splitting and I really expected her to do it last night!! I was out at my friends 13th birthday party os when I got back at about 11 me and my mum started mixing more food (I had run out), when brie smelt the food she came running out, which was wierd as being so pregnant she just woddles, and my mum was like 'is that montie?'.
Then we heard little squeaks coming from the middle of the nest, when montie moved off the babies we saw them!! I didn't have enough time to count but one of the little babies is so FAT!
I am sooo excited as it's my first ever litter (from my first ever mouse). I really want to go and look at them but I know I shouldn't :(

YAY!!!! :D

I've already marked on my calender when I can start holding them :roll:

Simone

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
aww bless well done u!!! :D
i havnt had a first litter yet, im gonna start putting some "couples" toegther in the next week or so, but i just know ill be like u wanting to look :) x

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so used to just walking in and out or their room willy nilly and now I can't I'm getting paranoid!!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
ha, im like that with mine anyway, i cant walk past any of my rubs or the tanks without getting at least 1 out for a quick cuddle, :)
sad eh!? :roll: x

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I'm just like that. My little boy Theo is such a mummas boy, If I walk past the cage he just sits there and looks really sad so I just HAVE to pick him up!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XD :lol:
He looks at me as if to say 'you dont love me, if you loved me you'd pick me up'. He makes me feel bad :lol:

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
yeah i know that one,
if i dont get smokey out straight away but leave him a bit then get him out, hell run over to my mum and sit cuddling her and glares at me as if to say "its ok mummy loves me, i dont need u" lol, little bugger! x

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, I think theo would do that if I wasn't the only person in my ENTIRE family who actually loves mice!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
see thats were im lucky, both my mum and dad love the mice.
problem is ill go and buy some mice, ill buy all their bedding, food etc... but theyre not my mice apparently, dad claims some and so does mum!
cant win! :) x

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, thats still lucky though! My mum will feed them if i'm off on school tripes, the ones where you sleep over. But she refuses to touch them. Shes said she'll try with the babies though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
awww congratulations!!!
the brother to theo is exactly the same looking sad at the window, except he's a big scardy cat but when I hold him he's just so squishy and adorable.
I just had a litter with him too.
Look forward to see how yours come out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I put him with my satin cinnamon ( I think that's what she is)
I will post pics soon want them to get a bit bigger first, but they're gorgeous! lol I think I got 2 satins, so I'm chuffed.

Would like to see what you got from a vari though. Are you gonna take any out?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I may do depending on how many there are and bucks/does.
I should get satins to as I think the varis carry satin!

Have you taken any out?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Congrat's Simone, get pics up so we can see them :)
I wouldnt worry about walking past the cage/entering the room, it wont desturb mum one bit, its the poking at the nest that may upset her, see if you can catch her when she is feeding and place her in another box while you have a peek at the bubs, remember to rub your hands in the bedding first ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was gonna wait till day 3 to hold them but i couldn't wait :lol:

So here is a little baby, it is just under 2 days old
:]

(ignore my pyjamas :lol: )

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok......
So I counted them and I have.................(dun-dun-dunnnnn) 15 baby mice!! One is a runt :[.
I attempted to sex them and sexed them all bar one as girls! which is quite possibly completely wrong so I will try again when the little mousie boobies grow :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts