Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I bought a new mouse who I have verified not to have a tailless gene, and I'm set in my way to breed my two doves eventually. They both have lovely personalities and they have always had extremely good health...not that my mice don't, but they are better than usual. I don't know exactly what the female has genetically, but I know the males back ground so I'm puzzling it together to see what I may get.

Professor [Fifle's father] : a/a B/b C/c e/e hs/hs P/p S/s

Brain [Fifle's mother] : I'm not exactly sure because I haven't mapped agouti before...but here it goes...

A/a [because she has produced black based babies like recessive yellow, dove, and black along with agouti?]
C/c [I don't think she has produced an albino baby, but since she has had a dove it has to be diluted by an albino gene right?]
E/e [not yellow but produced one]
s/s [she is broken]
Hs/hs [carries head spot]
P/p [produces pink eye]

all together: A/a C/c E/e Hs/hs P/p s/s

Fifle is the real puzzle...
a/a B/* C/* E/e Hs/hs p/p S/s
punit squares!!!
Chocolate:
50% B/B
50% B/b
Albino:
25% C/C
50% C/c

so the only mysteries will be albino and chocolate?

This is all I know about Bobbie: [my dove girl]
a/a B/* C/* D/* Hs/* p/p

Yeah... If there is anything I missed please fill me in and can someone tell me what the two doves may produce? I'm not very educated on diluted colors...

·
Registered
94 Posts
C/c [I don't think she has produced an albino baby, but since she has had a dove it has to be diluted by an albino gene right?]
No, a dove mouse (US lilac) is simply a/a p/p. As far as the C locus goes, they are C/*. The dilution comes from the pink eye gene. Dove is simply pink eyed black.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that makes since...I actually looked back in my records and it looks like she had an albino with the male anyhow so she still is C/c, but good to know that it is the pink eyes and not the albino. Thank you :]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts