Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the color is more lighter than the cinnamon or champagne....thats why i assume it as a beige...
is this really a beige or what....
it has tan line on the side, but no tan color on the belly

this one is different from the above images and what color is this?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Beige has black eyes, as does cinnamon.

The mouse looks like a champagne tan to me. You can see his bones in some of the pictures.

The bottom mouse is a too-dark beige fox (at/* ce/ce)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey,
I agree with Jack, he looks like a champagne tan, some of my champagne tans have the tan just on the side and none on the underneath. Im trying to breed the tan out so nearly all are het for tan, it does start to make a big difference after a couple of generations. He does look a bit thin, im having trouble keeping weight on some of my youngsters at the moment i think the improvement in weather will help.

The fox looks like a dilute (cece) also known as beige, coffee, bone depending on shade. They are not standardised in the UK so theres no distinction really between being too light or too dark, in terms of showing in the UK all dilutes are wrong!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sirs, do you still call this a tan even it has a only tan line on both sides, but no tan belly..

taken the image lights off
A

taken the image lights on
A1

@ian - The fox looks like a dilute (cece) also known as beige, coffee
@jack garcia - The mouse is a too-dark beige fox (at/* ce/ce)

i upload another images...but this one is different from the top images.
taken the image lights off
B

taken the image lights on
B1

please tell me which is which, i am really confuse.....thank you very much...

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Yep, it's a tan. Most petstore-derived tans have this fault. Only show tans selectively bred toward standard have a full tan belly of a deep orange shade.

Beige, coffee, and stone are the same allele. They're just called different things depending on how dark the mouse is and which country you're in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts