Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,218 Posts
you have to introduce the gene,you can't make it.Only brindle does can be reared all brindle bucks die at around 10 days,best to cull immediately so that they don't suffer.Any non brindle bucks and does in the litter won't be carrying the brindle gene so are also useless for creating more.Therefore you are always on a knife edge with them.You get litters with only brindle bucks or no brindles at all.It is quite exciting waiting to see what you get,good luck with them.

· Premium Member
5,218 Posts
the brindle does and all the non brindles in the litters are perfectly normal and healthy nothing at all to cause a problem.It is only the brindle bucks that are non viable.From personal experience I consider it to be cruel to try and grow the bucks on.Sometimes,understandebly we have to find these things out for ourselves to be convinced.All the brindle bucks are a shiny white regardless of the parents colour.I don't know the reasons.Perhaps mousebreeder knows?I have removed two today,white with black eyes from a litter of red x red brindle.Of the remaining litter there are two agouti brindles one red brindle and one fawn brindle,happy days :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.