Pet Mice Forum banner

im a feeder breeder whom my want to fancy breed

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SarahY 
#1 ·
hi sorry for long heading im a new breeder as a feeder, but ive come to love my breeders so im quite keen on fancy mice its just a thought,so pls i like any ideas as id like to get some mice with papers mybe an learn some thing about mice, :D

#4 ·
lol yea but ive never heard of mice coming with papers? No mater how good they are,even mice from you queeny dont come with papers!

Haha mice reading the paper,sitting in a rocking chair with little specs down their noses peeking over the top looking at me as if to say "yes? did you disturb me for a reason" lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
pls dont lol '' me but a guy called chris the gerbil said his gebils come with 3 and 5 generation papers and he said mice did as well , cut a long story short we dis agreed but i dont think mice come with papers but he was on about fancy mice going om about mice inbreddding for profit a ny way his g/f activist animal one

#6 ·
As a norm, fancy rats come with a family tree and a caresheet etc as well, but fancy mouse breeders don't tend to bother. Their lives (the mice!) are too short to bother with an proper registration scheme for breeding mice, so if you are looking for mice your best bet is to start a new post in the 'breeding mice for sale' section that clearly states it's show lines you're looking for.

Sarah xxx

#7 ·
The lack of a pedigree is nothing to do with lifespan. Many mice live longer than rats, and I would say all live at least the same. It's to do with many things, such as the culture of the people who breed them for show, the number of animals they keep, the lack of need for a pedigree etc. Verbal information is often given, such as what a mouse carries and what line it comes from. Inbreeding (line breeding) is accepted as a bona fide breeding tactic, so all those who start an outcry about such things and hence want a pedigree to prove it's not the case with their animals would not be suited to mice or indeed ANY show animal, be it dogs, cats, gerbils, rats etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.