Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you probably saw I had 13 pew's in 1 litter born yesterday, I took 5 out this morning :(

So there are now 8........I couldn't sex them as I couldn't see any nipples but genitals were quite clear but still I couldn't make them out :roll: I am hopeless.

Ideally I would like to take out all but 1-2 bucks on Monday but what if I can't sex them?

Anyway how many would you say is ideal to "thrive" if I can't sex them and just have to cull the smaller ones??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If they're for showing take it down to 4 (3 does and a buck or 4 does). If they will be pet only then you could leave up to 6 but no more, and no more than 2 out of the 6 as bucks.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well they're 3 days old today and I *think* I've managed to take the 4 bucks out - I was totally certain when I was handling them because their bottoms looked more "defined" than the others who are either does or just under developed, I really hope I got it right, the only thing that will make any of this "worth it" is if I'm going to get extra strong healthy does :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts