Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im very bad at sexing babies. ive looked at the sexing pages on this website and others and im still bad at it. so if you're good at sexing babies then please help me! :)

(pictures have been edited to hopefully make it easier to see ;) )

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I'm not that good at sexing at this stage, and from pics it's quite hard.

1, 5 and 10 look like females. with the rest males.

wait for others to see. I'm new to mice, but have had rats for years. usually you can feel the testes on the boys by gently rolling your thumb over the area. Wait another week if you can and all should become clear.

:)

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
1 - Female
2 - Male
3 - Unsure... i'd say male, but the bump doesn't seem to stick out enough, wait for nipples or not.
4 - Male
5 - Female
6 - Male
7 - Male
8 - Male
9 - Male
10 - Female, I think, but again, wait for nipples
11 - Male

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
When looking for nipples, don't be afraid to hold the baby up to a light and turn it so that the light catches the nipples just right. With practice, this becomes easy. I think I invented this method. lol

Ten is a lot of babies!

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Just takes practice, with marked or mixed colours its easy to practice (because you can tell one from another) so as soon as colour comes through write down what you think they are and then when they fur is through enough to see nipples see if you were right or not. Give it a few more litters and you will be able to have a good idea when only a few days of age.

Also congrats on some lovely colours.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oakelm said:
Just takes practice, with marked or mixed colours its easy to practice (because you can tell one from another) so as soon as colour comes through write down what you think they are and then when they fur is through enough to see nipples see if you were right or not. Give it a few more litters and you will be able to have a good idea when only a few days of age.

Also congrats on some lovely colours.
thanks for the advice :) . i'll have to try that with my younger litter right now. i can really tell them apart but i can always mark them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.