Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bred robos?? I have 3 girly huskys (Cocoa, Cookie and Biscuit) and i am looking to get a pair of standard colour boys to breed with; which should produce a mixed litter.

Here are some pics:




Elsa x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I have never bred them, but I have bred russians in the past and by my experiance they are the easiest to breed. They can sometimes take a while to finally mate, but once they do they take great care of their babies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I was looking at having the boys in a separate tank (hence the 2 for company). Wasnt sure how the girls would react having a new 'friend' to share their home permanently. Also was worried if it would put too much strain on their bodies if they bred continuously.
How easy are robos to rehome???? I wouldnt want a continuous stream only to not be able to rehome them. I'm not bothered about selling for money - though when i got mine i paid £9 each - couldnt believe it! (worth every penny though). Just want good homes for them.

Elsa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Im not bothered about alot of money from them, just a little to cover any costs of extra food/bedding. I've been speaking to robo breeders on a hamster forum and got some advice off them. Im going to get a normal agouti m&f to breed and show hopefully and then i can also breed with my white faced if i want. Im tying it in with picking up a baby syrian hamster (ours died a month ago and i really miss him coming to the cage bars to see me at night and get a bit of broccoli or his fave toast!).

Yes, i thought £9 was a lot esp as i got 3 so that was £27! But as i said to my hubby its only the cost of a night out or a new top / pair shoes and personally my animals give me far more pleasure!

x

Are you the lady that works at the 'well known pet store'? Just wondered what your role exactly was, from snippets ive gathered it sounds brill. I am doing an animal welfare hnd/degree and would love to work with animals :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
elsamarie said:
Hi,

I was looking at having the boys in a separate tank (hence the 2 for company). Wasnt sure how the girls would react having a new 'friend' to share their home permanently. Also was worried if it would put too much strain on their bodies if they bred continuously.
How easy are robos to rehome???? I wouldnt want a continuous stream only to not be able to rehome them. I'm not bothered about selling for money - though when i got mine i paid £9 each - couldnt believe it! (worth every penny though). Just want good homes for them.

Elsa
Yeah robos are quite expensive in the US... At most places they are $15.99 USD, but one time I saw them for $27.99 USD :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
april said:
elsamarie said:
Hi,

I was looking at having the boys in a separate tank (hence the 2 for company). Wasnt sure how the girls would react having a new 'friend' to share their home permanently. Also was worried if it would put too much strain on their bodies if they bred continuously.
How easy are robos to rehome???? I wouldnt want a continuous stream only to not be able to rehome them. I'm not bothered about selling for money - though when i got mine i paid £9 each - couldnt believe it! (worth every penny though). Just want good homes for them.

Elsa
Yeah robos are quite expensive in the US... At most places they are $15.99 USD, but one time I saw them for $27.99 USD :shock:
Are they not very common then in the US or are all pets priced higher generally there???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
elsamarie said:
april said:
elsamarie said:
Hi,

I was looking at having the boys in a separate tank (hence the 2 for company). Wasnt sure how the girls would react having a new 'friend' to share their home permanently. Also was worried if it would put too much strain on their bodies if they bred continuously.
How easy are robos to rehome???? I wouldnt want a continuous stream only to not be able to rehome them. I'm not bothered about selling for money - though when i got mine i paid £9 each - couldnt believe it! (worth every penny though). Just want good homes for them.

Elsa
Yeah robos are quite expensive in the US... At most places they are $15.99 USD, but one time I saw them for $27.99 USD :shock:
Are they not very common then in the US or are all pets priced higher generally there???
No they are still common, but dwarfs are just every expensive in the US. Like at chain pet stores dwarfs are $15.99, but if you go to a single owned pet store you can get them for $10.

Gerbils can also be quite expensize at $13.99

And the mice I get from the breeder near me, usually charges me $6-7, but I once paid $10 for a satin texel himi buck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
zoocrewmice said:
I'd pay $20 if I could get one of those! :lol:
Haha. He was 25% too :lol:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top