Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be okay to supplement a mouses diet every couple days with ground up multivitamin for humans? For awhile I have been feeding ground up oats, flax seed, and the multivitamin on top of their other food which is usually dog food, or a store bought mix. They seem to enjoy it and I've read a few articles regarding mice and some vitamins stating for a fact they increase the mouses quality of life.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Rather than that, which might mean overdosing them, mix a little bit of cereal for humans, like cornflakes, in with their food. Our breakfast cereals are fortified with vits, but mice can't eat so much of it they OD. :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right I could do that. In fact, after I run out of this mix I've already got I will get some cereal for them. They really enjoy the mix and seem more active after eating it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
PS Also, should have said before, just be careful of giving them cereal with too much sugar - try cornflakes and bran flakes, just a small amount added to their regular mix.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loganberry said:
PS Also, should have said before, just be careful of giving them cereal with too much sugar - try cornflakes and bran flakes, just a small amount added to their regular mix.
I already made plans to use sugarless cereal :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts