Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm not a feeder-breeder but I do believe they should have as enriching lives as possible, like chickens and lambs and anything really that's raised to be consumed, doesn't mean they should be treated badly or anything.

If anything they should be treated better ;)

It's not a very specific question though I don't really understand what you mean??

·
Registered
45 Posts
After many months of debating the pros and cons i've deceided i'd rather breed my own mice for food and for two reasons i believe they deserve the BEST care you can give them!

1. I believe they deserve the best possible care i can give as they are helping me in a way and
2. It's better for what ever's going to eat them, if you care for them as well as possible.

All my breeders have toys, tubes, mineral blocks and i often "over" treat them, you actually wouldn't be able to tell the difference between my pets and the feeders, you'd probably think the feeders were pets! They are cared for better than i am! :lol: All of my mice at present are pets, but their babies are feeders, sometimes i do get attached though and end up "squeezing" in an extra 5 :oops:

·
Registered
266 Posts
All of my mice at present are pets, but their babies are feeders, sometimes i do get attached though and end up "squeezing" in an extra 5 :oops:
My set up is the same way the three mice that I started out with are pets but I will use the babies as feeders. I provide them with everything they need plus toys and entertainment for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts