Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After just one shot at trying to get Apollo's meds into him, I'm already at my wit's end :cry: He won't sit still if I try and give it via needle into the skin, and he won't take it orally either. I only got a litte into him tonight, and it was just because he was mad at the syringe and he bit onto the end of it. :(

How the heck am I supposed to give him his medication? He absolutely hates me now. :cry:

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help :) I will try those.

And about injecting - I know how, as I'm taking a vet assistant course, but the little bugger just won't sit still enough for me to do it properly.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your help! He is now taking it readily, when I mix it with Strawberry Ensure (meal replacement drink).

About the injections, he was injected with it at the vet and he was okay, but now that I know, I won't let them do that again. My usual vet probably would have known not to.

He's still turning, but he can walk in a straight line for a few steps now, so he looks like he'll be slowly improving. How long do you think he'll have to be on it? The vet said 10 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.