Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres several ways to house mice, so I was wondering, what does every one use?
I know of: Fish tanks, wire cages, homemade cages, totes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have 3 glass aquariums and one homemade "RUB" or watever they are called haha. i like glass cuz you can see through them but the RUB is very nice because its the perfect size and its easy to keep lots of mice with them. one day when i have an actual mousery that is what i will use. hope i was somewhat helpful :)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive looked into laboratory mouse cages,but they cost a lot here (even used ones)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I use Marchioro Aquazoo 16s and the equivalent Faunariums. They are also fairly expensive unless you find a good supplier, but I like them the most out of all the different kinds I have tried over the years (and years and years :roll: )

·
Registered
66 Posts
MouseBreeder said:
I use Marchioro Aquazoo 16s and the equivalent Faunariums. They are also fairly expensive unless you find a good supplier, but I like them the most out of all the different kinds I have tried over the years (and years and years :roll: )
Do you find the lids they come with are secure enough? Presumably so (!) but I've been um-ing and ah-ing over some Faunariums for a little while - the only thing putting me off is that the lids look like they'd be easily chewed through.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I use 5 1/2 gallon and 10 gallon tanks for the most part, though I also have some plastic tanks. The plastic is not all that secure, and the tops can be chewed through, but I started using metal window screening fitted under the top. It makes a tight fit, and a really determined mousie can chew through it, although it's only happened once in all the years I've been doing that. I also have a couple of 2 gallon tanks. they're very expensive since they are not commonly used, but I picked one up at a rummage sale.

I tried a couple of wire cages, but the mousies seem more comfy and happy with solid sides around them.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I haven't a problem with them being chewed through - it depends on the mice. I know Sarah (sarahc) has had plastic tanks chewed through as well as many water bottles. Maybe mine are just too dopey :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Did they get a tiny snip of hamster wedged in their helices; you know, like Pinky of Pinky and the Brain cartoon show fame?

*narf* *poit*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts